2018 Chainsaw Projects

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mcculloch D44. Sat for many years, but is complete. Just needs gone through

Echo 315 and 302. Need fuel lines and carb rebuild.

Blue Homelite EZ. Was my childhood neighbors saw. He owned a firewood business. Everyday after school I would go watch him cut (super exciting for a 5-10 year old). He moved away when I was about 14, but he gave me the saw. Would love to get this running again.

Wow that Poulan picture brings back memories, that thing is in mint looking condition!

That was the first saw I ever used, I was about 13 years old and bucked up a lot of plantation pine with one of those.

I also had an almost identical model with a Weed Eater badge but with yellow paint and no A/V mount, I ran that saw from new for several of my early teen years.

Thanks for posting that picture.

Hello. I got two Husky 543xp that need full rebuild. one of them needs crank, cylinder and piston. i have a plan to use a GZ 4000 china crankshaft and cylinder. For Conquistador3 : The GZ 4000 and 4500 was sold in Germany under Rioby and Homelite brand. I"v had 2 40 cc Rioby s and 1 43 cc Homelite. The 43 cc has a China cilynder[ it seems]. The 40 cc has Zenoah cast in it. So if you browse Ebay.de a little i think you will get a Ryobi at a fair price. Good luck to all.

Hope you found one. I'm trying to get a get a g450avs.

I have found a place that has a brand new GZ4500 still in the box but I fear they sniffed I want it because they are asking way too much money for it. So much, in fact, it would go a long way towards a brand new MS070/MS720 from Asia...

I have a disassembled poulan 4000 to put back together. I am having a lot of trouble getting the seals in though. I have ruined 2 already trying to get them in straight If anyone has some advice on how to get them in I would appreciate it. I was also just given a Homelite Super EZ to check over and get running.

I have a disassembled poulan 4000 to put back together. I am having a lot of trouble getting the seals in though. I have ruined 2 already trying to get them in straight If anyone has some advice on how to get them in I would appreciate it. I was also just given a Homelite Super EZ to check over and get running.
I always use a socket and an arbor press, seems to work well so far.

My goal for this year is to make a 076 out of one and a half ts760 and a non working 051. Some extra parts required. Will be used to mill.

Also fix one 026 and a 020t and finaly cut Some wood!

My goal for 2018 is getting some of my project saws done.

1) MS170 sitting on my bench. I have all parts to put it together.

2) MS170 I'm collecting parts to finish. Drop MS180 engine in, MM, port, and timing advance. Upgraded bar and chain.

3) Stihl 021 I bought off of ebay. Buy a part saw, or finish with AM parts.

4) Stihl 015R I believe I have all parts to finish.

5) Poulan 86 sandcast with bow bar Get the piston broke loose and sell.

6) Husky 350 or 242 It would be fun to build one of each, but that's doubtful. So I hope to buy and finish one in 2018. Really would love to get a 242.

Well, that's my project goals for 2018.

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk
Just to show I'm serious about this list.
Started on my list.

3) Bought a 021 parts saw to finish
my saw, and it's done, and runs great.
Just need to buy a new chain on payday.
Pic of finished saw below.

1) MS170 started working on it today.
Just need to make a split mandrel so I can clean up the transfer on the bore, so I can finish this saw.

20180120_160138.jpg20180121_145223.jpg

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

Back