2018 Chainsaw Projects

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

walterg

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
My goal for 2018 is getting some of my project saws done.

1) MS170 sitting on my bench. I have all parts to put it together.

2) MS170 I'm collecting parts to finish. Drop MS180 engine in, MM, port, and timing advance. Upgraded bar and chain.

3) Stihl 021 I bought off of ebay. Buy a part saw, or finish with AM parts.

4) Stihl 015R I believe I have all parts to finish.

5) Poulan 86 sandcast with bow bar Get the piston broke loose and sell.

6) Husky 350 or 242 It would be fun to build one of each, but that's doubtful. So I hope to buy and finish one in 2018. Really would love to get a 242.

Well, that's my project goals for 2018.

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

This is an open thread, if you want to post your 2018 Chainsaw projects, go for it.

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

Subject to change, but right now I got a Homelite 350 and ez as well as a Mac 250 and a PM10-10. All are runners, just need to finish going through and fixing some sort of small issue on. Also got a Dolmar 420 that needs a carb kit, but that is all that I have solidly nailed down for next year. More to come I am sure...

I want to go through at least 3 of my 262XP's and get them to like new mechanical condition. I have a 55 Husky I need to go through then sell. Also a 351 same deal. My 353... it's in such good condition I am having a hard time listing it lol (stupid CAD).

And I would like to find a Makita EA4300 (blue), and send a couple small Stihls down the road.

And maybe look for a lathe... and some more saws...

Latest posts

Back