2094 vs 394

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

longbar

Mr. BigWood
Reaction score
For those of you with experience with both which did you like better and why? Is one faster or have more torque? Opinions please. I have a chance to have 1 or the other and just curious which you would choose.

I liked mine so much that I let both of them go to new owners, the 2094 was the strongest, it was basically new . The 394`s I have done up were no slouch either, run them side by each with same bar and chain and there won`t be any big difference between them.

Both have plenty of power with good sized bars. The 394 seems to feel more modern to me.

I haven't run a 394, and probably never will, but I will say that 2094 I got from Jerry is one strong saw. Pulls a 42" bar through some very hard wood with authority.

That saw is certainly no slouch, it would outcut all the modded 394`s I had here no matter what bar length was tried. I ran them all with bars starting at 20" on up to 36" in both softwood( spruce) and hardwood (beech). In all cases the 2094 was the strongest and was not even broke in yet.

That saw is certainly no slouch, it would outcut all the modded 394`s I had here no matter what bar length was tried. I ran them all with bars starting at 20" on up to 36" in both softwood( spruce) and hardwood (beech). In all cases the 2094 was the strongest and was not even broke in yet.

I like running all my saws but this one is my favorite. As long as I don't break my knuckles starting it.

I liked mine so much that I let both of them go to new owners, the 2094 was the strongest, it was basically new . The 394`s I have done up were no slouch either, run them side by each with same bar and chain and there won`t be any big difference between them.

Hmmm, selling the 2094s sounds like a bad thing.

2094s are stronger than the 394s.

Alright I don't get it... If you already own both just take them both out for a day of cutting... Keep the one you like the best... I would keep the 394 myself... I like the design better and parts are more available. Although the 2094 is a cool looking saw with good torque. For me the 394 gets the nod.

Alright I don't get it... If you already own both just take them both out for a day of cutting... Keep the one you like the best... I would keep the 394 myself... I like the design better and parts are more available. Although the 2094 is a cool looking saw with good torque. For me the 394 gets the nod.

I just picked up the 2094 and needed to invest in a couple parts to make it a reliable runner. If it wasnt that good I wouldnt have bothered. But I now have and WILL definatly hit the wood with them and find out for myself.

Mine doesn't have one but sure could use it. You don't give a half hearted pull on it. I've broke the rope a couple of times.

Its definatly a mans saw.

LOL,..not so bad when I have dozens of other saws, many bigger and just as powerful.

Still sounds like a bad thing. 660s/394s/395s and what not come and go but the 2094/5s seem to move in like they own the place.

Having said that, I use 660s the most and the 394s seem to hold up better and are easier to get parts for.

OP, keep them the both and get some more.

It was only taking up shelf space here, never used it for anything myself as I only run my Stihls and Sachs Dolmars for real work. Got it in trade but I was happy for it to go to a deserving new owner.

Back