2100 Build Thread!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What did that cost you? I have a guy here that would be able to do that for me in the meantime. Looks good though. Any plan for decals and plastics?

If you traded that for a good saw (can't see pic), you got spanked a bit.

The other member should provide some restitution for this, but I don't know the details of the transaction.

That shoulda been a visible issue on piston inspection.

It will probably be at best 6 months before Meteor starts selling that piston.......if they do at all. We should all send them emails telling them that we support their production. The 395 piston will work.......but there is machine work to do. The base must be cut.......then the case under the carb much be relieved. The lower bolt holes on the muffler will need to be slotted too. Nothing too serious though. Oh.......Shaun Carr turned me onto this idea........he is the man. :)

Aw, shucks.

Is there a con-rod that's a touch longer that could be used to bring the height back up?

I'd wish there was a list of the rotating assembly components and their dimensions for all the different saws... it would make mixing and matching easier.

A side benefit to using the 395 piston would be a higher primary compression ratio since you're lowering everything.

it would occur because the top of the piston is lower, thus less crankcase volume.. it wouldn't be a huge amount, but a little for sure

To the OP on no manual oiler? That is puzzling. The 1100 did not have a manual oiler, so to the 298 as you stated. Earlier tank change? I'm far from being an expert on them, but that's what I cut with for a few years and still own a couple. As far as I know that was one of the biggest differences between the 1100, and the 2100. Also the very early 2100's did not not have the front mount on them. AKA the "7th mount".

The 1100 has a black top rear handle, so you would recognize that. Also, the tank might be from a 285 as they seem more plentiful than 298's. Could be a 480 tank also?

So.... In the meantime I am trying to get the 285 running, it has spark, is getting fuel, but the damn thing won't start. I just don't get it, Ive tried making it run with gas down the carb and everything. Is the spark blowing out? Or is the timing adjusted wrong? Any help is appreciated.

So.... In the meantime I am trying to get the 285 running, it has spark, is getting fuel, but the damn thing won't start. I just don't get it, Ive tried making it run with gas down the carb and everything. Is the spark blowing out? Or is the timing adjusted wrong? Any help is appreciated.
Tried a new plug?

Have you pulled the flywheel and verified timing? Good compression?

Good compression, 150~psi, what is the process for adjusting timing on these?

Good compression, 150~psi, what is the process for adjusting timing on these?

There is a key placed in a machined groove in the crank which references the position of the flywheel.

You can take material off the key to advance or retard timing.

I believe that there is some adjustment on the (stator?) itself? 2 allen head screws to loosen then you can adjust it forward or backward.

Seems to be getting fuel. I cleaned and rebuilt the carb, new fuel line, tried the carb off the 1200, which started 3rd pull.... like I said won't fire up with gas down the carb either. Crank seals have been replaced too.

Back