2100 cd

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SST73

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Looking for info on the husky 2100 cd
Thin rig or not? Can you tell without opening it up
6932adf871c4e2fe1278dcdb4af51b35.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Pro saw for sure and IMO collectible, very desirable. Again that’s just what I think I would love to own this

1979-1987
99cc’s

Lots of information here
http://www.acresinternet.com/cscc.n...6af40002b8f7/e833e76f0bf8658788256b5200199012

There is one member here, can’t recall name, has a pic of a giant fish beside him in his avatar pic. Pretty sure he said that his first saw was this model and he posts here often. Hopefully he sees this and shares his experience with it.
I wish I had one to restore!!! Nice find.
You also have one pre chain brake making it an early or late 70’s model!
How did you get it?

Egads, that is what mine looked like when I bought it at a yard sale in 1984 for $200. Then I think I put another $100 or so, and that saw has been a faithful friend ever since. I don't use mine commercially, but it cuts 6-chords of pine each year. I made an adapter to mount a Green-Weenie air filter on it because the original air boxes just seem to leak too much. I fired my 2100 CD up a few weeks back to quarter-up some 38-inch Digger Pine.
I wonder if wrestling those big rounds will keep my back tuned-up for winter snow skiing forward-tumbles. hahaha

https://tillotson.ie/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/techinfo_hs_us.pdf

My one suggestion is to check the crank-case seals. that was the only thing I did to my engine. I cannot remember if mine is a thin-ring, but I have never changed the ring or barrel the whole time I have owned the saw - 34 years already. I have rebuilt the carb numerous times. And, this aboristsite is where I learned how to block-off the Governor, which I have not yet done, and should.

Can the Governor cause over-fueling ? I say this because until I fine-tuned the L and H adjustments, my saw seemed like the governor was kicking in early, and the governor chokes the engine somehow giving it more fuel. I am not an expert, so hopefully one of the guru's will have an answer.

Give that thing a bath and it might run just because it is clean. :)

I know a guy running two of them, loves them. Fairly petite in size for its displacement, never herd anyone complain about them.

The one I worked on for a friend had a small crack in the plastic elbow where the fuel intake enters the carb, ran at idle just fine, died in the cut. It was an easy fix, and he bought it new back in the day, great saw! The governor can be a beotch to tune, but I don’t recommend disabling it. It’s there to prevent wasting the piston cylinder combo as well as the lower end. :cool:Those cylinders are EXTREMELY hard to come by! I have enough parts collected to build a nearly complete saw, just no serviceable cylinder!

What did you use for a carb

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Pro saw for sure and IMO collectible, very desirable. Again that’s just what I think I would love to own this

1979-1987
99cc’s

Lots of information here
http://www.acresinternet.com/cscc.n...6af40002b8f7/e833e76f0bf8658788256b5200199012

There is one member here, can’t recall name, has a pic of a giant fish beside him in his avatar pic. Pretty sure he said that his first saw was this model and he posts here often. Hopefully he sees this and shares his experience with it.
I wish I had one to restore!!! Nice find.
You also have one pre chain brake making it an early or late 70’s model!
How did you get it?
I think huskybill is the guy

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Nice Saw. I picked up a 298xp about a year ago for free. Rebuilt the carb and its an awesome saw. I run the snot out of it.

Latest posts

Back