2100cd milling problems

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Let me know via PM if you need someone to fix that for you. I know a great shop in southern Indiana.

Before it broke, how did that 2100 compare to your 390?

I bet your thinking of the same shop that I just got off the phone with. They are going to send me the parts and then I get the fun of putting it back together.

Its hard to compare the 2 saws the 390xp is like a sports car and the 2100 is more like a truck. If I had to choose one then it would be the 390xp.

Dont judge my form from this one picture, but the 390 milled just fine with a 36 inch bar. I dont think I'd go much bigger though.

2011-02-199515-40-5995344.jpg

+1

Good detective work, pwoller. Looks like you found the source of the funny noise. :msp_scared:

Where is the seal for the clutch-side crank bearing ? Did you remove it before taking the pics, or is it missing in action ?

Repping you for the excellent pics and troubleshooting .:rockn:

Looks to me like the oil seal is still in the oil pump casing, where it lives. You'll want to get a new o-ring for the back of the casing as well as the other parts. Make sure you clean out the clutch bearing grease hole bore (in the crankshaft) while you're at it, you don't want to force any dirt through there when you're greasing the new bearing with the clutch in situ (such a slick arrangement, those clever Husky engineers!)...

THanks to all your help and D and D getting me the parts quickly I will be spending the evening putting this saw back together. I'll keep you all updated on the progress.

I got the parts but I think I'm missing part 501 27 74-01, anyone know what its called? They sent a oiler with brass gear, drum an bearing, the clutch, pto crankseal, and the o ring for the oiler.

Most 2100's have a governor in the carb. Sometimes they are bypassed. Set the rpm in a large cut for best power then richen it up about 1/4 turn for milling.

oiler.jpg

oiler2.jpg

The bearing is inside the clutch housing in the picture. Do I have the order right and all the parts needed?

I was trying to figure out the answer to this same question when I remembered this thread. After several hours digging and then pulling apart some other saws here is what I found. What you are missing is the V-Ring PN 501 27 74-01 and a plastic shield PN 501 59 82-01. What I did is buy a new clutch from Bailey's for $15.99 plus an arm and leg for shipping.It comes with the necessary parts. The PN is Oregon 28094X ,the picture on Bailey's is not of actual part. See Husqvarna 288 394 395 2100 Sprocket 3/8" New 28094X RIM | eBay for actual part .It also comes with installation instructions.I'll post photos when it comes.

Thanks. I called D and D and they sent me the rest of the parts and gave me tips on getting it back together without screwing it up and causing an air leak. The saw is back together oiling and everything is working great. But.....I bought a 3120 so I think I will retire the 2100 for now.

Latest posts

Back