2101xp/ top all time muscle saws!!!!!!!!!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice! My friend. I know you will like it, built to the hilt! Tough, torque, no other saw's sound like em. In my opinion one of the best of all time. When I first picked one up the feel, built for the serious one's for big timber like youre old mac's. Congratulation's I really hope you like it. If you don't I will gladly take it of youre hands for a fair price. I got extra bar's etc. Do you need a bar? Got a brand new 28. I got three bar's with the yard sale 372. If you need it Ill ship it to ya. Saweet saw. Thanks for the pic! What do you think Aaron?

I knew I forgot something. The 1100is included in the folklore of the 2100-01 Muscle That goes without saying!!

It doesn't take much to be bigger than that dog.

Right now the 1100 is sharing the bench with the Homelite 2100S, who insulted it and went back to picking it's teeth with a set of 075 spikes. I may need to separate them, I heard whispers, plotting against the McCullochs.

I'm thinking a bar length of 36"-42", for limbing.

Norm, you gotta good name for classic plastic hot-rod saws?

Have to think one up Randy! But im proud you got one just the same! Got a 34 on mine right now. I like the 28's on the 44, and 372 the mid saw, and 32, and up on my big saw's. Im too short for the 36 or so all the time. More for me to keep out of the dirt if I was taller LOL! I sure love the big bar's for bucking though, and falling, but I definately don't paly musical bar swap.

I am happy to have it Norm and pleased that it is in pretty good shape. I have been lucky this year so far in the 5, 6 and 7 cube saws.
It's a totally new type of saw to me and my only foriegn made one. I have a few things to learn about it.

Just curious Randy if it has the manual oiler like the 2100? can't tell from the picture. Also wondering about the spring mount on the dog. My early 2100 was stolen in like 1984, but I don't remember it having a mount on the inner dog. My newer one does however.

Just curious Randy if it has the manual oiler like the 2100? can't tell from the picture. Also wondering about the spring mount on the dog. My early 2100 was stolen in like 1984, but I don't remember it having a mount on the inner dog. My newer one does however.

i noticed that when we had my 2100 next to it, my dawg had the solid mount ? can you add them? have to look at mine a little closer.

Last edited:
i noticed that when we had my 2100 next to it, my dawg had the solid mount ? can you add them? have to look at mine a little closer.
Not sure? By solid do you mean the rubber mount? That's what mine has. It was called the "7th mount" as the 2100 had 6 anti-vibe mounts in it, and they added the 7th to the inner dog. FWIW my 281 has the spring mount like Randy's 1100. I think I still have the paperwork on the 2100. I'll look when I get home this afternoon.

acording to acers, both 1100-2100 had adjust auto oilers ,but dosn't list maual oilers? wonder if it was an option? also shows max bar length of 36" 1100- 60" 2100. wonder if that is the reason for the lack of a manual oiler.

acording to acers, both 1100-2100 had adjust auto oilers ,but dosn't list maual oilers? wonder if it was an option? also shows max bar length of 36" 1100- 60" 2100. wonder if that is the reason for the lack of a manual oiler.

That is a possibility, I'll ask my Husky dealer buddy. William is back East, but he felled Orygun OG DF with Huskys, he will know.
One thing for sure, that little pull handle needs to go, something larger and made of rubber is in order, my fingers aren't what they used to be.
I think I will find a 36" bar, I have better saws for longer bars.

Ahhh, by reading these last few post I learned something(s) new. The 7th mount for instance, I tried putting one on my 2100 only to find that it doesn't quite line up. I believe mine to be one of the earlier or possibly earliest models of 2100. I also realize now what the addition of the manual oiler is for(long bars). Also I noticed on some later models that the outer spike bolts to the clutch cover, yet for my saw the spike would have have a tang to go over the bar studs, I suppose. You guys are pretty dang cool with all of your saw knowledge, and in case noone has told you lately, thanks for all the great info.
Now if I can talk Randy out of that Red Hat for some bucking I have to do I'll be all set..........lol
Jonathan
View attachment 187406View attachment 187407View attachment 187408

That is a possibility, I'll ask my Husky dealer buddy. William is back East, but he felled Orygun OG DF with Huskys, he will know.
One thing for sure, that little pull handle needs to go, something larger and made of rubber is in order, my fingers aren't what they used to be.

I'll have to double check, but I believe I have a 24" sprocket tip bar for the large mount Husky saws. Shorter than you're looking for I know. Let me know if you want it...

if i'd known you had snagd that husky i'd a let you have that 32 roller i had there. i'll save it for next year.:) oh and has anybody used those sthl to husky bar adaptors ? any good , i have a bunch of stihl mount oregon bars that i would like to use on the 2100 and 288. so i don't have to get separet bars for them.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back