2101xp/ top all time muscle saws!!!!!!!!!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought you would like that Jim, keep that 2100 man. It would look good on the back of that 4 wheeler.

Headed out in the am to cut up downed tree's for some firewood. I got the whole fleet loaded, and ready. Hopefully find a big one for the 01, and 660. Been using the 044 alot lately. But nothing like cutting big wood! I like the challenge of take downs, and falling, but don't have to feel guilty when there already down, and some guy's think Im crazy cutting the big trees and rounds I do for firewood, but don't want to waste it, and nothing like feeling the horespower wide open in big stuff!

Falling is more exciting but bucking big wood and trying not to get pinched is a good challenge. I bucked a wind blown oak a couple weeks ago and had to use a wedge 3 times out of about 20 bucking cuts I guess. Most of the log was over 24" and it was laying on limbs. Had to walk it to be able to do anything with a lot of it. I know why guys like corks. I might have to get a pair one day when I decide I "need" them.:smile2:

I like fallin em too man. Was gonna post a couple pics but having trouble server? Oh well. Gotta run the 372 for awhile today I Like it!! Of course the 2101 was running!

Good stuff Norm. Now I can put a face with the words. Seen you a few times on the road. Wish I could have gone out with you today. Hope to cut with you sometime soon. :cheers:

still waiting on 3 O rings for manual oilier, which will keep gas out of the oil tank and a bar guide plate then the 2100 will be back up and running. had to sell a few of my oldies to get the misses a 4 wheeler so I don't have to ride ##### on mine anymore. The big plus is that I will be able to keep the 2100. I also picked up a almost new Stihl ms170, was going to sell it but it has found a place here for now, I actually like the little bugger.

Thanks Brada! Helps when I get into big shiat! And to be honest I dont use the small saw much anymore it seems 044-372, and up just get's you threw it nice and fast!

It was looking doubtful there for a few days but I will be picking up a 98 Polaris 425 tomorrow and only had to give my left lug nut;) Wish I could get down to the GTG but have to work on a few weed eaters so I can raise the money to get some new saws. Did I tell you that I hate working on weed eaters.

Ha! I hear that I dont even like weedeaters, maybe cause I dont like weedeating. Definately no love for em like I have for my saw's. Cool you got the four wheeler. I have a trusty 300 honda fourman 4x4. Alot of polaris's on the road very popular.

What is the biggesst bar you have ever run, and what muscle saw was it on? My buddy Parmeter currently has a 48in canon on one of his 660's, and no issues the saw rips logs with it to he just tested it to see how it would handle it. So what the biggest, and in what type of wood?

Well Norm i dont know if you call these muscle saw's but here is a few pic's.
181se
100_1138.jpg

281xp
100_1059.jpg

372xp
100_1079.jpg

and finaly a pile of husky's and 1 stihl
100_1055.jpg

Mike

Thanks man! They look muscular to me! Nice collection dude! Just texted my buddy Parmeter, well both of the brother's actually, Brian, and John too see if they had good pic's falling or logging, of them or there dad. Unfortunately if they do, would have to get them put on disc. I want to do that with my old pic's, It's nice being able to post em. That 181 is a vintage little beast. I have been playing with that 372, I like it!

Latest posts

Back