2101xp/ top all time muscle saws!!!!!!!!!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
back to the origanal heading, it comes down to what was used pro in there respected time periods. the 2100 series huskys had there day i remember in the late 70's early 80's prob 3 out 5 saws tippin trees around here were the 2100 husky's. thats why in 84 it was my choice for my first new work saw was a 2100. now my work saws are stihl. diff saws for diff times.
The Olympic Peninsula was pretty much the same. I used the 480 Husky as my small saw. The 2100 for my big saw. The Stihl guys were pretty much 075's. When the wood got smaller a lot of them switched to 045's. My present 2100 is a very clean low hour saw;)

It is nice to see they are still so popular, and for a good reason. One of the best built saw's I have ever seen or run.

Well i feel a tad sorry for the guy's who won't really get the chance to run the real muscle saws their a dying breed now pity to see them go nowadays you have to play big saw with a 100cc or less.

When i look back i never realised the day of the big saw was winding down and would be religated to history i just fortutnate to have spent as much time as i did working with them .........

McBob.

Well i feel a tad sorry for the guy's who won't really get the chance to run the real muscle saws their a dying breed now pity to see them go nowadays you have to play big saw with a 100cc or less.

When i look back i never realised the day of the big saw was winding down and would be religated to history i just fortutnate to have spent as much time as i did working with them .........

McBob.

ya, it's to bad mac and some of the others didn't roll with the times. but the good thing out of it is that theres some people that restore and at least runum insted of them ending up beer cans.

well I did not get the call on my parts today, so maybe tomorrow. I want to get this saw back together before I head out for another load of wood.
husky2100012.jpg

Ahh, memories.

Nothing personal, but the pitty is the guy's that refuse to give a saw like the 2100-01 Credit as a muscle saw, and some of the Stihls too, there is much more to real muscle saw's then just the American ones. The truth is Mac, and Homelite gave in gone as a good brand, plain, and simple while the euro saw took over, and built more modern, better faster, and plent powerful saw's. I was open minded for awhile, and dind't Nock, Homelite, and Mac. I guess that is a inferiority thing, because If you want to pack a mac 125 all day long, with the weight, noise, and vibration, ahead, but the fact is being that it is just one book- the high climber book, very true, but that covered a real important part in timber history, missing from books, and libraries. The pic's and falling and the book covered from the late 70's to the milineum, and back then the Homelite muscle saw's, and the mac's weren't that old yet, and if they were true, and so superior like a few think, well they would have been in that book alot more. I dont think anybody can say those guy,s werent serious cutter's, and almost every page was monster tree's. I dont think a extra second or two on a controled race log was much on there mind, just a better saw all around!

P.S when the comparison was brought up with the muscle car stand point. If the euros, built there cars for more than reliability, comfort, and gas mileage, and built them like the American muscle cars, or made more muscle cars of there own, if they could build em like some of there bad ass muscle saw, then the muscle car story one have been more than one sided, and HISTORY a little different!!!!

McBob.

McBob!!
Glad you brought that up.
I have poked eyes with that stick before, sometimes I can't help myself. Of course, I am not as polite as an esteemed person such as yourself.
Few things in life are as sweet as putting sharp, McCulloch powered steel to a 72" Doug Fir, unless it's a bigger tree.

Don't get me wrong, if I had the money there would be a Ferrari in the garage. I like the Charger but it is a guy car, or guy magnet, a Ferrari on the other hand is a chic magnet and nothing screams sex like a Ferrari. Plus the Ferrari handles much better than a Charger at 306 kph. Same with saws, I have a few muscle saws, but when it is time to get the fuel for heat I grab my European saws, they just get the job done faster and handle better and when I say faster I mean lighter so you are able to work faster.

Ha-HA! Play big saw that is good, I still get into some big stuff man. Cut a fir that was just shy a six foot, two tan oaks with the oak disease unreal in size, you would have to see the pics to believe, sad they died real old growth. One was 5 foot eight on the butt. And Eucs that come down on the county roads. I was the only one who brought the wood home, because the other guy's dind'nt want to deal with #### that big. I had to rip, and quarter every piece. I did better once it got down to the four foot stuff. Did better with my back I mean. All with my 660, and not once did I lack saw or power,or wish I had a old Mac, or Homelite in my hands!

You know what was a pitty, actually a tragedy. About a month or so ago I saw on craigslist a brand new 2100 or 01 one of the two, brand new unfired in the box, original bar chain, manual, brand @#$ new condition. Never had gas in it I dind'nt have the money, and it was right here twenty minutes from my house in Ukiah.

You know what was a pitty, actually a tragedy. About a month or so ago I saw on craigslist a brand new 2100 or 01 one of the two, brand new unfired in the box, original bar chain, manual, brand @#$ new condition. Never had gas in it I dind'nt have the money, and it was right here twenty minutes from my house in Ukiah.

That had to hurt. Bucks are tight everywhere, that is probably why it was for sale. There are a few saws of the big orange kind for sale here, I looked and had to pass, while reasonable, it was too much for me.

Yeah, It makes me sad for sure that people have to sell there prize stuff off, and make ends meet. The cool thing I didn't know something like that existed anymore, can you imagine for you like a brand new sp125 in the original box! Unfired. I guess it goes for fair market value, but that stuff is priceless to the right person! By the way nothing more than friendly saw brand rivalry I hope you Know that my friend! And I respect ya, for youre knowledge, and opionion's. Norm.........

I have cut down a tree with a old homelite C-7 and man was that work, even bucking it up was a chore. I love the old saws, but I do not use them too much for getting the firewood. Now I just grab my plastic 441 and lazy my trailer full of wood, hell I don't even drag the 066 to far from the truck, then I go home and sit in my lazy boy and watch AxMen in HD on my plasma tv.

Thats good #### man. I use my 044 as much as I can man I hear guy's comparing a pound hear or there on the biggie's, !@## In mye eyes anything bigger than a 044 or 372 is heavy LOL! See what I wrote homelite jim above about the unfire 2100?

Wish I had the cash as well, that is a nice find. I am in the process of acquiring some new toys but was told a few of my old toys have to go to fund the new ones, I hate to let any of them go but I have a few that I won't miss to badly. I am looking at a good 044 case with new crank, bearings, and seals for a future project and a freshly built 038 mag. Plus I want to finish up my Poulan 4000 and Husky 2100. At least my work has been picking up so the paycheck is a bit bigger, but going to catch back up on my bills. Been funding what I can by fixing up old weed eaters and selling them, but that is getting tedious.

That's cool man. I hear ya on the cash man. Oh I would love to be able to shop for saw's with a thick wallet!

Yeah, It makes me sad for sure that people have to sell there prize stuff off, and make ends meet. The cool thing I didn't know something like that existed anymore, can you imagine for you like a brand new sp125 in the original box! Unfired. I guess it goes for fair market value, but that stuff is priceless to the right person! By the way nothing more than friendly saw brand rivalry I hope you Know that my friend! And I respect ya, for youre knowledge, and opionion's. Norm.........

That had to hurt. Bucks are tight everywhere, that is probably why it was for sale. There are a few saws of the big orange kind for sale here, I looked and had to pass, while reasonable, it was too much for me.

I would have like to seen pictures of the 2101 new. I seen a mac 125 sell on ebay last year that was supposed to be new never gassed. there's probably still some out there somewhere. They won't be sold until the person that owns them dies or they need money real bad. It is a sad thing folks have to sell things like that to be able to eat.

Latest posts

Back