2101xp/ top all time muscle saws!!!!!!!!!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The 2100/2101 put down more timber in the PNW than probably all other saws combined back in the day. I worked loggin' shows where all the saws were orange and that was common. They were priced very competitively here, power to weight ratio was fantastic and they were a near perfect saw in design. I've yet to run a stock saw that I like better.......

Kevin

Easy there cowboy, Husky was late to the game, McCullochs and Homelites ate most of the OG before Huskys showed up.

Easy there cowboy, Husky was late to the game, McCullochs and Homelites ate most of the OG before Huskys showed up.

Whoa...back the train up there timber Tim...lol. I wasn't talking about OG, I was talking about board ft on the ground...the shear numbers. The amount of scale by the big gypos and the likes of Crown Z. & Boise C. etc. Yes, when I started fallin' around '75/'76 the Mac legends were still out there being bandied about. But damn few of them on the shows in the flesh. And I'll take your word for the Homelites because I never saw 'em except an occasional one on a landing...I never met even one faller using one. It's only circumstantial happenstance that the Mac's took most of the OG. If the Swedes and the Germans had been faster with their excellent saw designs, they would have killed Mac's even earlier than they did. Or maybe Mac could have stepped up to the plate....but history tells us no.

As I said earlier in this thread, I learned on an 075, then the orange 'invasion' started and it was like a virtual title wave.

Kevin

Whoa...back the train up there timber Tim...lol. I wasn't talking about OG, I was talking about board ft on the ground...the shear numbers. The amount of scale by the big gypos and the likes of Crown Z. & Boise C. etc. Yes, when I started fallin' around '75/'76 the Mac legends were still out there being bandied about. But damn few of them on the shows in the flesh. And I'll take your word for the Homelites because I never saw 'em except an occasional one on a landing...I never met even one faller using one. It's only circumstantial happenstance that the Mac's took most of the OG. If the Swedes and the Germans had been faster with their excellent saw designs, they would have killed Mac's even earlier than they did. Or maybe Mac could have stepped up to the plate....but history tells us no.

As I said earlier in this thread, I learned on an 075, then the orange 'invasion' started and it was like a virtual title wave.

Kevin

still short of the mark lad

I missd u Randy, seems we have had that friendly debate before uh, LOL! Glad to see u all thanks for the thoughts. glad to see this thread revived. I just love muscle saws.

I missd u Randy, seems we have had that friendly debate before uh, LOL! Glad to see u all thanks for the thoughts. glad to see this thread revived. I just love muscle saws.

Hey Norm!
We had a some good talks here. I'm mostly at the other place now, it is rude, but an honest rude.

don't mention it. it's better of being used by you then sitting on my shop floor waiting for the day i don't have an excuse to not work on it :laugh: it's all together and ready to go. just got to find time to get it out. today it's raining so it's another saw building day.

Glad u got it going Randy. Love them 288s! Headed for MRI now with my wife. My sister is putting together a fundraiser on Mckeena's support group and facebook page. Any help we can get is needed. My sister is Andria green terry. Group is Team Mckeena. Need some help all. Also prayers.

Wow, so sorry to hear about your wife Norm. Haven't been in this forum for a while. I will start praying for you and your wife. My wife is still alive but has early onset of Alzheimers. Believe me I feel the pain in your heart!

Back