2101xp/ top all time muscle saws!!!!!!!!!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It popped up on ebay with a $65 buy it now lol
I couldnt hit the button fast enough!
I have 11 of these saws, all of which have great plastic, this one is goin back in the bag and goin in my closet with the rest of my nos 2100 stuff
Im a hoarder......
Wow that's lucky I'd have bought all they had at the price sucks that parts are getting harder to find for these awesome old saws

Does anyone know of a direct replacement for the HS136 carburetor on the 2100?

Does anyone know of a direct replacement for the HS136 carburetor on the 2100?

There are a fair number of used HS136's that come up on ebay throughout the the yr. The only caveat there is to make sure the throttle shaft doesn't have excessive play side-to-side, or evidence of moisture fouling from running and storing ethanol gas. I have quite a few rebuilt and waiting for when the need arises....they rebuild well with a complete kit. You can blank off the gov, but I wouldn't if you're using original piston & jug. So much is NLA on these saws, I personally wouldn't be pulling max RPM out of them by defeating the gov due to their age and scarcity of parts. YMMV

Some yrs ago I waited six month for a new HS136 from Tillotson......only to find out they decided not to make a production run.

Kevin

The 2100/2101 put down more timber in the PNW than probably all other saws combined back in the day. I worked loggin' shows where all the saws were orange and that was common. They were priced very competitively here, power to weight ratio was fantastic and they were a near perfect saw in design. I've yet to run a stock saw that I like better.......

Kevin

The 2100/2101 put down more timber in the PNW than probably all other saws combined back in the day. I worked loggin' shows where all the saws were orange and that was common. They were priced very competitively here, power to weight ration was fantastic and they were a near perfect saw in design. I've yet to run a stock saw that I like better.......

Kevin
Yep!

Sorry been awhile band. been so happily married, found my soulmate and best friend. been dealing in a tough year though. we have a family and my wife is amazing. but facing the toughest road ive ever seen, and to be honest I have never faced something that scared me like this. she has been having health trouble since new year a lot of emergency rooms, and doctors. found she has breast cancer and in lymphnode too. Im scared boys real scared need prayers, and thoughts. my mom is giving up house, and job in Colorado. to come and help care for my wife, and kids. going to be facing a lot of expense, and I may have to give up my 2101. thinking of maybe having to auction it here or something, have to do anything and everything I can. I would gladly take the cancer in her place. I have never loved someone so much, nor been down this road.... sure miss, and hope all of u are well. give us positive thoughts and prayers if u would....

norm, i'm about the biggest prick you'll ever meet in person but i have a 2101 here that i want to give you so you can auction one of them or both, whatever you choose. just give me a little time so i can throw it all together and get it running for you. it's been sitting a little bit but should run like a top. the wife is gonna be at work tomorrow and i'm a laid off useless tit :) so i have plenty of time and i'll get back to you in a few days for your shipping address. no funds required bud ;) hope all works out exactly how you hope it too. prayers sent!!!

Back