2101xp/ top all time muscle saws!!!!!!!!!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just PMd Norm, not wanting to take advantage of this good thread, but he said go ahead with this. Unfortunately, I'm going to have to part with this saw to provides funds for the Mac kart saw I'm building. This is a super saw, but funds can only stretch so far. I'm selling this saw, PHO. I'm thinking $450 + shipping would be a fair price.
Everything on this saw has been gone through. You might recal that the cases were split, new crank seals installed, basically everything gone through. It's in tip top shape ready to go to work. With that said, I do want to give full disclosure on the saw. Tonight I found a small crack in the case. It does not go into the bar stud. I don't believe it will affect the saw, but don't want to hide it from you either. The only other things to mention are the repair to the eyelet in the recoil, which was there when I bought it, and the spark plug wire has been repaired. It was soldered and shring tubing put over it.

If you guys think this is out of order, I'll delete this post. I just thought I'd give you guys a heads up first. I know you're pretty pasionate about these.

IMG8005-M.jpg

IMG8006-M.jpg

Hell no, best place for it! Man somebody better jump on that! Man only thing better than one would be two!:clap::clap:

Man I had to wade through about 300 threads, but I found it LOL! Im back, and I have the usuall on my mind. Muscle saw's!:camera::love1:

That old spit shined 2101 is only worth about $300 at max Brad......should'd put a couple of coats of paint on it and welded the crack up for that price!

The 2100-01 value has increased a bit. The can actually sell now for 250-500. Depending on condition. I saw a brand new one in the box never ran for 1k. If I had the cash would have bought it. Part of what has driven price up is all the new epa stuff. It has driven value up on older 044's, and 66's I have noticed, well any non epa, or little epa saw. This thread helped revive the popularity, and value, so I have been told. Ebay cost has spiked on em. And to be honest I think alot is in the eye of the beholder, because it may be the best saw I have had in my hands. Speaking of mine I have not run Brad's. But there you get a piece of mind knowing it was gone through, and in good shape. But yes values are going up daily, on earlier saws. Partly I think because of the new saw costs as well.

I pulled a runing 2100 off eBay for $115 three weeks ago. Just saying, not all are going for that price.

I got a sweet 372 at a yardsale for 200, and a 20 minute tree job. Neither a every day price. I agree prices can vary, but values have gone up. Is 500 to much to pay if I saw one? No not if it was real clean. You cant buy a 99cc saw new, and if you could be over 1k. But then again eye of the beholder. Its up to the guy shelling out the cash. I would rather pay a good price here, from a trusted member or friend, knowing what you will get. Than a ebay saw anyday. But any 100 dollar, and change muscle saw is a smoking deal:big_smile::big_smile:

A few we never talk about, from the 2 series, 294, 281, and before the 3120 wasn't there a 2120 thought there was a older biggest husky, before the 3120. Anybody think of other odd, or less talked about husky's or saw's really. Im curious models I havent heard of? Or some mentioned I never ran, and curious of your'e experiences with any of em?

Well the time had come to part with my favorite Husky. I never was a big Husky fan to begin with and have sold every one that I had acquired and this orange brute was no exception. I will have to say I kept this one longer than I had kept any other. The other day a young fellow brings me this good looking Stihl 045 Super wanting to trade me out of the 2100, which I must saw was wanting me to replace the electrical system, so I said I would trade strait up but if I fixed the electrical it would cost him some cash as well. At least it will go to a good home and get used on a regular basis instead of collecting dust in my shop, and I have one of my favorite saws back in the line up. The sound of the 87cc Stihl 045 super is like no other and puts a grin on my face every time I start it up.
Photo0076.jpg

Photo0075.jpg

i love my 2101, i've had other 100cc saws, but they didn't come even close to the way the husky runs, plus with the double west coast spikes, they just look mean as hell, and run like it:angry2:

Jim, I gotta say my heart sank for a minute, but you gotta do what you gotta do. At least you are both happy. Youre new saw looks real nice, glad to hear from you. Old040 I agree they are mean as hell, may be the best built saw I have ever had in my hands. I agree with my buddy, we like pictures:D

Jim, I gotta say my heart sank for a minute, but you gotta do what you gotta do. At least you are both happy. Youre new saw looks real nice, glad to hear from you. Old040 I agree they are mean as hell, may be the best built saw I have ever had in my hands. I agree with my buddy, we like pictures:D

Honestly the 045 will get used a lot more than the 2100, and it went to a good home where someone will give it the attention it deserves. I already have the large dawg for the inside and should be picking up a good full wrap from a 056 to give it that west coast look and next spring it will be out terrorizing ole mother nature.

Good deal Jim, glad you are happy, and remember all muscle saws welcome here. Not just the 2101's. So dont be a stranger:laugh:

Back