2101xp/ top all time muscle saws!!!!!!!!!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Paccity, what is youre first name? Awesome saw, sweet filter kit man what a look. Neil I can only imagine the sound, and power awesome:msp_thumbup: Scarr I wondered that about 288 stuff bolting on, so what about a high top filert, and cover? Man would that be awesome. Scott a 140cc 3120 that thing would be unstopable:popcorn:

2100 pics

Ok men, in 2 weeks this saturday, i will be attending one of our race meets.
I will endevour to get some pics of the currant 2100's which will run.
Hopefuly my own unlimited mvp 2100
1 Visualy standard 2101
1 nitros injected unlimited 2100(without a pipe)
1 visualy standard 2100

If all show i should get some good pics and of coarse there is the other regular stuff as well.

Paccity, what is youre first name? Awesome saw, sweet filter kit man what a look. Neil I can only imagine the sound, and power awesome:msp_thumbup: Scarr I wondered that about 288 stuff bolting on, so what about a high top filert, and cover? Man would that be awesome. Scott a 140cc 3120 that thing would be unstopable:popcorn:

it's fraser norm. i'm looking to find the right top covers to cut and enclose the top and still look decent. epoxy it or plastic weld it togather. well see. p.s. ya can just call me pac.

I know a bolt on style 288 filter is too long and hits the cylinder cover by the cylinder. I just purchased a 2100 that came without a filter on it so I'm currently running a bolt-on style filter neck from a 288 and the 288 filter turned backwards without a filter cover.

Since the bolt on 288 filter is a little too long I would think the HD filter might hit the cylinder cover as well but they will flex.

I think when I go through the saw I'll be looking if I can adapt a 394 carb onto the 2100 for a little better flow and then run a 394 filter neck and a 394 HD filter.

There is no way a 288 high top cylinder cover could fit so I'll probably just run without a cover.

Ok men, in 2 weeks this saturday, i will be attending one of our race meets.
I will endevour to get some pics of the currant 2100's which will run.
Hopefuly my own unlimited mvp 2100
1 Visualy standard 2101
1 nitros injected unlimited 2100(without a pipe)
1 visualy standard 2100

If all show i should get some good pics and of coarse there is the other regular stuff as well.

Looking forward to plenty of pics !

Right on Pac! Sacrr what carb is on the 394? I have the later tilotson on my 2101 with no governor. Been told by my saw shop, including a mechanic there who fell timber for seventeen year's with a 2100. Dont change the carb that tilitson was one of the very best, and they dont get better. Guy's on this site have said it too. That was on revision on the later saw the un governerned carb. You probably already knew but wasn't sure. Neil, and Scott pic's hell ya mandotory!

Right on Pac! Sacrr what carb is on the 394? I have the later tilotson on my 2101 with no governor. Been told by my saw shop, including a mechanic there who fell timber for seventeen year's with a 2100. Dont change the carb that tilitson was one of the very best, and they dont get better. Guy's on this site have said it too. That was on revision on the later saw the un governerned carb. You probably already knew but wasn't sure. Neil, and Scott pic's hell ya mandotory!

None EPA 394 is a Walbro WJ39.

I have a governed Tillotson on mine now and it needs some help. The governor is dumping fuel randomly, I'll disable it when I get time.

None EPA 394 is a Walbro WJ39.

I have a governed Tillotson on mine now and it needs some help. The governor is dumping fuel randomly, I'll disable it when I get time.

block that gov off and it works fine. simple fix. oh yeh i see you said it all ready. lol.

Yeah I learned alot about my saw, and the carb on the site, and through my saw shop. Thought it was carb trouble, and the rebuilt it, and still had running trouble was about to scrap they carb they said dont do it. They said they quit putting em on newer saw's probably due to cost, but they were the best. Found out it was an air leak oiler side. So happens Chuck the shop owner him, and his son have become real good friends to me, and Chuck started out as a husky dealer, and one of the first around here. Then argued to get Stihl Echo, and husky under one roof, afirst around here, and one stop shop. Well Chuck worked on and specialized on all the 1100-2100-2101. I spend alot of time there they even let me use there shop, and tools to work on my own saw's. They have taught me alot, hell I have even showed them a few things, that I learned on the site, or in past experience. ne of the meachanics I mentioned was is a veteran timber faller. Ran a 2100 for seventeen year's said it was the best saw he ever had in the wood's.

This is my first opportunity to get back on AS since Tuesday. Surgery on Wednesday really put me behind on my reading, but I'm pretty caught up now. It's nice to see you kids are all getting along, and playing together so nicely.................LOL. I will be cleaning all my saws once I get back on my feet, and sharpening all my chains to prevent boredom driving me to insanity.......lol.
The doctor say I need to elevate my ankle for 55 minutes every hour for two weeks........I don't see this going real well..........so if you guys could post saw pictures it would help live vicariously through you..................LOL.

Don't look now Brother, but I think your saw is growin' a mushroom.

206406d1320816524-picture-518-jpg

Here's an 82c Mac with it's 70cc little brother for you to look at Jon!

100_3755.jpg

100_3753.jpg

100_3751.jpg

I don't think Norm will mind too much, as both these saws came to me through him!:D

Now heal up Jon so you can get your 70 and 82cc Macs running!

Nice!:clap::clap::clap::clap::msp_thumbup::msp_thumbup: Awesome pic's heal up jon!

206890d1321153382-100_0807-jpg

206891-100_0808-jpg

You're really pulling at my CAD nerve with the pics of that Homelite 5-20 Norm. I need another project like I need another hole in the head however. Maybe someday I'll give in. Good to see your XL-925 too. Did you rebuild the carb on it yet?

Thank's for putting the pics up Aaron. No haven't done the carb kit yet, or got one yet. Been sidetracked. I got a 028av the one in the pic without a air filter cover on. That I am tinkering with possibly to sell. Found the problem the 028 would start, but haredr on the restart, and idle. Found two pin holes in the fuel line. I would like to get the 925 to idle, and run right close, but I think you are right carb kit. Debated about getting the 5-20 going again, at least I will hang it on the wall, and have a good memory from Jim my dear friend who died last year. He also gave me the clean 041 in the pic I need to replace some lines. The collection has grown:clap: I threw that chain, and the stinger handle bar in my truck have to meet you on the road next week, been meaning to get em to you. Glad you stopped by man:rock:

P.S Aaron you got those saw polished up nice! I new they were going to the right place, a good home.

Thanks buddy. I spent some time scrubbing up the SP-81. Didn't do much more than wipe off the PM700 a bit. It obviously had been taken care of. I'm going to pull the cover off the oil tank on the PM700 tomorrow. The oiler's acting like the pickup is plugged. Happens a lot with these saws, and is an easy (although kinda messy) fix. Going to replace the bar adjuster screw on the SP-81 tomorrow too. The head's stripped.

You can see that the 32" Windsor Speed Tip bar that was on the PM-700 when I got it from you is now on the SP-81. The SP-81's McCulloch Super Pro RN bar is on the PM700 in that pic. Since then, I've put a 24" Windsor Speed Tip sprocket nose on the PM-700. I'm going to refurbish the 28" roller nose from the SP-81 and save it for GTG's. You just don't see RN bars for these saws very often.

Thank's for putting the pics up Aaron. No haven't done the carb kit yet, or got one yet. Been sidetracked. I got a 028av the one in the pic without a air filter cover on. That I am tinkering with possibly to sell. Found the problem the 028 would start, but haredr on the restart, and idle. Found two pin holes in the fuel line. I would like to get the 925 to idle, and run right close, but I think you are right carb kit. Debated about getting the 5-20 going again, at least I will hang it on the wall, and have a good memory from Jim my dear friend who died last year. He also gave me the clean 041 in the pic I need to replace some lines. The collection has grown:clap: I threw that chain, and the stinger handle bar in my truck have to meet you on the road next week, been meaning to get em to you. Glad you stopped by man:rock:

Cool. Let me know if you need a hand with your 925. I have plenty of kits for those carbs if you need one too. If you need an AF cover for the 028, post up in the swap meet thread. I'll bet somebody'll have a cover for you. Those are popular saws. When it's time to sell it, you shouldn't have trouble finding someone who wants it. You need to replace that fuel line for sure. 028's are good saws, as are 041's.

Next time you look at the 5-20, try to see if you can find the numbers stamped on the mounting flange of the carb. If it has "HLxxx" (such as HL104) then we can easily rebuild the carb. HL kits are easy to get and cheap (and I believe I have an extra). If it's an HP instead, then we will have to save the old diaphragms, as kits are NLA. There's a fellow who is reproducing NLA carb kits, and he may be doing the HP's soon (if he isn't already).

Early versions of the 5-20 had the Tillotson HP, while the last ones had Tillotson HL's. If you can't find the number, see if you can shoot a pic of the carb from the side. We'll be able to easily identify it. It'd be cool if you can get your recently departed friend's saw back up and running someday. It looks like it's in good shape overall. Just spray/wipe it down with some WD-40 or other light oil to keep it from corroding (especially on the parts that have had the paint worn away, such as on the rear handle and gas tank).

We'll hook up next week. I'll be glad to have that second chain for the 32" bar and that monster two-man bar!:cheers:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back