2101xp/ top all time muscle saws!!!!!!!!!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
5V05Q35W63n23k83mbbb529b5ec90fe741989.jpg

5V45P55R63m03p83l6bb5f37a52e94aa216c1.jpg

Neil,
I have PM'd you the IPL's and Service Manuals for both saws. In the future if you need any other manuals, you can post it in the 'Beg for Manuals' thread.
Jonathan

Thanks jon1212, i will for sure next time, rep sent your way.

ductape,, how are you getting on with that other idea you have on the other site, getting any decent ideas.

Last edited:
Any 380CD parts interchange with the 2100? Clutch cover with brake looks like it might fit? Much else, if anything, interchange?

I just went out and held the clutch cover from one of my 2100's up to my 480. it certainly looks like they'll interchange. I can only tell from your pictures, but the 380 and 480 look almost identical. I believe the 380 is only a year older than the 480. I have said this before, I find it interesting that your 380 has a brake and none of my 480's did. I believe I bought 3 480's new(all were stolen). the one I own now was an ebay buy.

Last edited:
ductape,, how are you getting on with that other idea you have on the other site, getting any decent ideas.

Neil, I have some ideas of what I want.... mostly a strong woods ported saw, but more interesting visually. Something to make a couple guys I cut with say 'hmmmmmmmmmmmm'. Unfortunately, I'm no saw builder ..... so I'll need to bounce some ideas off of a couple guys and see what's do-able, and whats not.

I believe the 380 is only a year older than the 480. I have said this before, I find it interesting that your 380 has a brake and none of my 480's did. I believe I bought 3 480's new(all were stolen). the one I own now was an ebay buy.

The 380 is for sale, but the price is a bit high. I'd consider making an offer if there were some interchangeable parts...... biggest one being the clutch cover ( and fuel tank / handle ?????). Otherwise, I wouldn't have a ton of interest in that particular saw.

Neil, I have some ideas of what I want.... mostly a strong woods ported saw, but more interesting visually. Something to make a couple guys I cut with say 'hmmmmmmmmmmmm'. Unfortunately, I'm no saw builder ..... so I'll need to bounce some ideas off of a couple guys and see what's do-able, and whats not.

The 380 is for sale, but the price is a bit high. I'd consider making an offer if there were some interchangeable parts...... biggest one being the clutch cover ( and fuel tank / handle ?????). Otherwise, I wouldn't have a ton of interest in that particular saw.

All good mate, its a little different you men stateside love woods ported smaller engines, out here we just love big saws.

LOL! I know I started this thread, but man it's kind of grown on me:clap::kilt::angel::blob6::rockn::camera: Brad you still have that 480? And how is youre 2101 going? Jon funny shiat! Ductape, what kind of saw you looking for?

Good deal Brad, you lose interest on the 2101, I wanna be the first to no eh? LOL! Ductape what is youre name anyway? I will ask around again, and see what we can come up with, but all I have seen no brake handle. Hate to say it, but maybe ebay. Probably cost ya too. Wise keeping the 2100 as a daily runner type. Norm....

not all of us.:msp_wink:

Should of guessed that would come back, hahah.

I have a mvp 2100 and its awsome, it was a top end performer in the states until the 140cc 3120's come on the scene.
Open hotsaw class i am refereing to.

blsnelling,,, like the sound of that 101, especialy if it has all the goodies

Last edited:
Back