2101xp/ top all time muscle saws!!!!!!!!!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stubbies is Oz-speak for beers mate!

Eccentric,,,you got that straight mate, we can't fool you at all.
Lovely little bottles, they go down real good with just about everything and any occasion as long as there cold.

Norm,,, sorry to hear about your dogs and your friends, i do not own pig dogs but have mates who do and when they get hit they take it hard. I like pig hunting also but i carry mine over the shoulder.

Last edited:
cant beat the old VB stubbie's mate ,Bloody ripper! also called throw downs.... just need a few shrimps for the Barbie and couple of sheila's :msp_w00t:

Sorry to hear that Jack got hurt and your friend lost two dogs. I had a buddy who used to hunt pigs with dogs, but stopped after loosing a few that he'd gotten real close with. He's since moved to Idaho. Great guy. He gave me my .338 before he moved.

All the smart people left Cal for ID.

Idaho isn't happy about that though. :)

Norms pic

211998d1324178246-101_0467-jpg

Thank's brother's. Jack is a little sore but healing up. Just went out to feed evrerybody, and my pup's came out long enough to say hello, and lick me a couple time's. And heade back in there house's. Colder than a son of a bit##. Widowmaker remeber crocodile dundee, and the sheila test! Make sure it's a sheila. I don't know what you call it down under, but especially after the fire water. Sachsmo thank's for posting up the pic's, someday I will learn. Old pic's I know need to get some new one's!

sorry 'bout dogs.

i'm done with acquisitions for a moment. ran out of $300 bills.

pics when i get this one running or the other one gets here. waiting on rings and carb for my saw named Cali. today is day two of my CSM experience.

All the smart people left Cal for ID.

Idaho isn't happy about that though. :)

Some stayed here. Many of the Cal/ID transplants weren't the smart ones either. Look what they're doing to your state government. Give it time, and the stupidity will take over completely, and the whole state of Idaho will become like Los Angeles, San Francisco, Seatle, Portland, Chicago, and NYC......

LOL! Not that I enjoy killing tree's, but I am burning that madrone in my wood stove as we speak. The one spar had broke off in a storm, and the bigger side had a split, one of the ranche's we hunt, and trade tree work, or wood cutting. Belong's to a real nice older couple, and the tree reside'd where they park or walk at time's. It may have stood longer but I would have hate'd to see one of them hurt, or the road blocked. To bad you don't see as many big madrone's as we use'd too.

The plight of the Madrones is sad, some sort of disease is killing them. Tanbarks are dying too, it is getting rare to see a truly big one. I felled some rather large examples of both, some were prime, most of them were catfaced or hollow. Madrones are near the top of the list of the most dangerous trees to fall.

This was fun, a Madrone tangled and leaning into a Tanbark.
oaksup-1.jpg

This is that Tanbark on it's way.
oaksstump.jpg

The Madrone uprooted and the trunk/roots are on the Tanbark's stump.

KillerOak.jpg

made a mess

oaksside.jpg

Great pics as always Randy. Looks like another sighting of the deceased 050. I put down a hollowed out, fire damaged madrone a few years ago. It was smaller than the one in your pics. Felled it with the nice blue/white Homelite XL-12 that I got from Bob Anderson. We burned some of the last of it at our mini-GTG last year by the Peg House.

Last edited:
Great video Andy. Awesome saw very nice! Glad you like it, I knew you would. Randy good info, and picture's, and I agree, on the dying, and danger of falling. The one I had in the pic was hollow, as you saw. One of my best friend's jesus, had some beautiful Tan oak. Real old, and big stuff. The tree's were just awesome to look at. There all dead now, and few left standing.

Back