2101xp/ top all time muscle saws!!!!!!!!!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[snip]

Another thing, we ran oregon CJX skip square sharpened when it came out on the 3120 and that made the big saws even better which we never had on the older 2100's. square sharpened chains cut through our thick bark like butter.

[snip]

We're going to have to sit down one day with a few beers and you're going to have tell me some stories young fella :D

hahahaha thats good. maybe we do things a little different down under.

Hey Jon,,, just a thought, our toilets flush downwards so which way do yours flush?

i should take a few pics of my collection but only have this rough pic of chosen race saws for the 2010 australian title events in QLd.

the lineup is....
576 pipe
394 pipe
3120 pipe
3120 visualy standard speed
3120 visualy standard post saw
394 visualy standard speed and post saw
575 visualy standard speed
395 visualy standard.. spare saw

HAHA! You're pretty darn funny. I had a bong in college that looked eerily similar to one of those exhaust pipes. Rep sent Down Under.

See even a die hard Homelite, and Mac man cant wait to get his hand's on a 2100 husky. Jon you will be in good hand's with those big huskie's, when you meet up with that Eaucalptus:lifter: Heavy weight's! Ausneil some nice husky's on the floor!

I know Aaron is fighting that Husky urge, and it's only a matter of time before he can't pass up a CL or Garage Sale deal......................Thanks for the eucalyptus encouragement. Rep sent to Hopland, CA.

HAHA! You're pretty darn funny. I had a bong in college that looked eerily similar to one of those exhaust pipes. Rep sent Down Under.

I know Aaron is fighting that Husky urge, and it's only a matter of time before he can't pass up a CL or Garage Sale deal......................Thanks for the eucalyptus encouragement. Rep sent to Hopland, CA.

Hasn't been too hard to fight off so far Jon. The one CL Husky saw that I couldn't pass up so far has been fixed up and traded off. If I could have conned my way into that 2100CD of yours (or your femur-killin' 288XP), then it'd probably stay in my stable however...:D

Thank's Jon! We encourage each other. And what can I say alway's been fond of them Australian's! Aaron hope you are doing good man, and the 288 or 2100 be a wise addition for anyone. Two hall of famer's. And you got good taste little buddy!:rockn::rocker:

Stopped by Cloverdale saw yesterday, say hi to my buddy's and get a thing or to. One of the mechanic's there Keith is a retired timber faller, and evry time I mention 2101, he get's a twinkle in his eye. He refreshe's me on his timber day's, and falling big timber with a 2100 for 17 year's. He say's it is the best saw he ever ran, and ran every bar in between even a 60.

I would like to send a shout out to Joeclimbing. I am real touched man. Guy's like you, and my small band of friend's here make it worth while. I look forward to this site every morning on the weekend's. That I am not running my dog's or cutting. I get on and look forward to it every week night. I talk about you guy's, and this place all the time with the local's in my town, my friend's, and friend's at work. It is like the Redwood's for me, it is so much more than a saw, or thread, I started it because it is my way of life. I don't want to clear cut, but cut firewood, and remove hazard tree's for the county, and friend's, and small job's. I spend countless hour's in the Redwood country running the hill's with my dog's. Cutting wood doing ranch work on our hunt places, with my dog's, and saw's. We are a small band and my dog's are my best friend's, and family too. To me it is a package I am so thankfull for my experience's, friend's, and time's. To me it is living a dream.

She's alive and well, and running good. I wish I had put a tach on this thing stock, for comparison. It runs nicely at 11,000 WOT and turns 9,700 in the cut. It's wearing a 3/8 chain, rakers set low, and an 8-pin rim. It has new rings in a freshly honed cylinder, so it will free up a little with time. Anyone know what these tune to stock?

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/c6BClWPFCnA?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nice saw and video.They are adjusted to 10500 RPM but if you don't have the the governor plugged the governor will hold it a 10500.

Last edited:
Very nice! Thanks for posting. Very good work. Always loved how they idled. Makes me want to go out and fire one of mine up right now:msp_biggrin:

Nice saw and video.They are adjusted to 10500 RPM but if you don't have the the governor plugged the governor will hold it a 10500.

Thanks for the info. Interesting how the RPMs didn't come up with the port work. I guess the real test will be to see how it does with that 32" bar buried.

Here are the stock numbers.
Exhaust - 107
Transfers - 124
Intake - 73

Ported numbers.
Exhaust - 102
Transfers - 119
Intake - 80

Compression is at 158.

Firewood2011010.jpg

Cleaned up a bit, new bar, chain, fuel line, carb rebuild, and crank seals.

HdhKbl.jpg

mikefunaro throwin some chips with it @ the Maine GTG.

IMG_6350.jpg

IMG_6352.jpg

V stack? If so I have seen them on ebay, and not sure if they are available new, or just used. Sachsmo has some nice setups he posted pics in this thread. Real nice actually, made me jealous.

Latest posts

Back