2101xp/ top all time muscle saws!!!!!!!!!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
happy new year all. be safe.
attachment.php

That's a great picture! How long is that bar? Looks longer than 60"!

Last edited:
Kain thanks my friend great to see you! Thanks all my other friends, same to you guys. Frasier man sweet bar and saw!!! We are still on page 166:blob2:

Well Norm, I chimed in on page 4 and sadly, have had nothing to add since. Enjoyed reading though! Well, today I think I finally joined your club - 2100's count too don't they? I'll take some pics when it gets light.

Al.

OK, gosh darn hot here so had to work fast. Yesterday the top temperature was mid 40's C - that is over 110 degrees F for you guys. The asphalt on the roads was melting around here making an awful mess. Working on saws is not much fun either. Going to be a little hotter today.
Here is my booty. A complete running 2100 that needs a clean up and a set of rings. Not sure I will be able to find those thin rings so may go with a Meteor piston.
Second saw is in pieces and is actually in much better condition. Trouble is, the big
-end rod bearing is shot. Will need a new crank - not sure how tough that will be to find. Also missing its air filter cover but otherwise complete. The piston and cylinder are excellent and show avearge wear. Should be able to make two running saws with a bit of luck.
Anyone ever seen a big-end bearing let loose before?

DSC00337_zpsda16125c.jpg

DSC00339_zpseb3ae71d.jpg

DSC00341_zps37525219.jpg

DSC00342_zpsf28452e3.jpg

Al.

Wow, nice score Al! I will ask around on the rings, have seen thin rings for sale before. The bearing never heard of that happening. Very nice saws love to see them both going!

Thanks Norm, got them from a real nice you fellow and I was so pleased, I gave him more than he was asking. We were both happy! In fact I got a real nice 480 CD from his mate last year, too. I will report back when I have made some progress.

Al.

Welcome both of ya Metal spec, and Al. Metalspec whats your first name? Al that I am not an expert on, my late model 2101 is thin ring, I have seen both versions. Do not know if it was later model only or both I will pull up the pdf from the thread may help ya. I know I have seen both ring sets for sale, the link of the guy I gave you above, claims to have many old Husky parts may be worth an email to him.

Norm, he is a regular supplier of new Husky stuff to me and is very reliable. His prices look high to you guys stateside but with his minute international shipping charges it is way cheaper for me to buy from him than the Husqvarna dealer nearby. And he is actually quicker. Go figure.
I will send him an inquiry. Pity he's not a sponsor here.

Al.

Latest posts

Back