2101xp/ top all time muscle saws!!!!!!!!!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love em I tell you. Saw a real clean 2100 on ebay, and not that I have the money but started thinking:msp_razz: LOL! How many do I need I could handle another 2100 or two:clap:

Several?

Aaron and gang, what model saw could you be happy owning several of?:cool2:

82cc McCullochs. SP80/81, PM850/800/805, DE80. Got a couple of those. One runner, and a couple more 'projects'.
or 82cc Homelites. SXL-925W, etc. Same deal as the Macs...
or 85cc Poulans. 5200/5400/8500. Got one project and would like to have more.
or a 114cc Homelite. 2000/2100/3100G. Same deal as the big Poulans.
I suppose I could stand to have multiple 87cc and 99cc Husqvarnas too.:D

Just gonna jump in here and ask.....what's a good realistic price for a 3120xp (besides free) in good condition?
One for $1200 around me and just curious if this guy is far off on price.

82cc McCullochs. SP80/81, PM850/800/805, DE80. Got a couple of those. One runner, and a couple more 'projects'.
or 82cc Homelites. SXL-925W, etc. Same deal as the Macs...
or 85cc Poulans. 5200/5400/8500. Got one project and would like to have more.
or a 114cc Homelite. 2000/2100/3100G. Same deal as the big Poulans.
I suppose I could stand to have multiple 87cc and 99cc Husqvarnas too.:D

what he said. I have some multiples, 82cc Mac's, 85cc Poulans, 94cc Stihls, 82 cc Homies, and a bunch of smaller less worthy saw.

Jonesey welcome, and that is seeming to be the going rate around our neck of the woods lately too. Provided it is in nice shape and straight, because I have seen them cheaper for less, but also condition declines too. So for one in good shape I would pay that price. They are over 2400 new now I think. Jim and Aaron for me the answer is I think I will take several more 288's, and 2100's:msp_thumbup::clap:

the 2100/2101 is a sweet saw. they are a dime a dozen around here. i swear everytime my grandpa and i go through his shop we find another one that he didn't even know about. he will be back from hemet cali in a couple weeks. i bet we find another. he has a big shop with storage that is pretty well retarded in my eyes. i found a couple 2100's in his attic. he just stashes them everywhere. i haven't looked in his shop since last year this time so i'm ready to go look again :)

the 2100/2101 is a sweet saw. they are a dime a dozen around here. i swear everytime my grandpa and i go through his shop we find another one that he didn't even know about. he will be back from hemet cali in a couple weeks. i bet we find another. he has a big shop with storage that is pretty well retarded in my eyes. i found a couple 2100's in his attic. he just stashes them everywhere. i haven't looked in his shop since last year this time so i'm ready to go look again :)

Eccentric might have to send you some more PP funds if you find another 2100/2101. Box arrived today. Looks good. Oughta be able to make something of it with some patience and scrounging. LMK if you find parts
for my project in your grandpa's shop too.

Thanks again!:cheers:

Just gonna jump in here and ask.....what's a good realistic price for a 3120xp (besides free) in good condition?
One for $1200 around me and just curious if this guy is far off on price.

I'd buy a new one.

If you don't like it you will get "most" your money back.

1200 for used, perhaps abused would only make sense if it had a bunch of extras.

Yeah Wescoaster friend, you can send that dime a dozen love, this way anytime:msp_tongue: Love em! If the box came from you I gather, then thanks for hooking my good friend, my buddy Aaron up!

262191d1352851914-dscf4167-jpg

262192d1352851985-dscf4168-jpg

262193d1352852003-dscf4169-jpg

Well gentlemen, tested my 2100 against an Australian Title holding 395 and a closely matched 394 last wekend. The old girl placed 2nd behind the 395 with not much between them. i was only running a 7 tooth 3/8 sproket with a 20" bar. I think I can go an 8 tooth .325 in our hard woods. i was very pleased with how she performed. I have widened the intake and exhaust ports, lifted the exhaust and transfers a few mill and dropped the intake a few mill. Has good compression. Currently running a 394 carby as per pictures. What a blast to see a 30yr old saw competing against the newer brigade.

I am trying to get some video footage so i can post this as well.

I am proud of the old girl, she has done well. got plenty of lookers from other competitors as well. :msp_biggrin:

Hello my friends, we are of and cutting in the am. Aaron is coming along again:blob2::msp_thumbup: Get to try the 395 finally:msp_thumbsup: Big fella that thing is beautiful! And how impressive is that, considering the rpm difference between the two, and holds with a 395 well that close. Torque in them monsters, and even more impressive with a 20 inch bar. Bet with a 36 on em, the 2100 would win. You will catch that 395, yep 8 pin or so! Very nice old Gladiator!

Yeah Wescoaster friend, you can send that dime a dozen love, this way anytime:msp_tongue: Love em! If the box came from you I gather, then thanks for hooking my good friend, my buddy Aaron up!

Aaron has another box from B.C coming that way. Another complete 288xp. he should be able to make a nice one out of the 2 i sent him. If i find any 2100's down this way i will surely let you guys know. One of my buddies dad died and his dad was a hoarder. Him and i are gonna go through all the sh#t tomorrow. I'm hoping to find a couple saws :rock:. Also got another buddy heading up to nitahnat today. They are very remote and all use wood for heat. I asked him to keep an eye out for any saws. I heard there is a saw graveyard up there. No fealer so when something wrecked they toss it in a parts heap and go buy a new one next time they are around a dealer. Friend requests sent :)

Back