2101xp/ top all time muscle saws!!!!!!!!!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A Toast to the Loggers of B.C

:)

[video=youtube;wxTHl3bUW-E]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxTHl3bUW-E[/video]

this is the first part guys. this part took 4 hours to upload to youtube so the others will be on this thread sooner or later. might just do one a day but we'll see. just keep an eye out for them. grab your bacon flavoured popcorn because the vid is 15 min long. the other 3 parts are better then this one. just wanna do it in the correct steps. I tried getting all the parts on the same vid but couldn't figure it out :(

part 2 :)

[video=youtube;g-87HSFMI1Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-87HSFMI1Y[/video]

my internet must not like cooperating with youtube because it takes forever :bang: I've been uploading in between projects. done for the day. more tomorrow :cheers:

Randy ported my 288 and it is the most impressive saw I have ever run. In fact, if I could only keep one- there would be no pause in my decision- 288 hands down. Of course, I have never seen a 2100 in the flesh and according to UPS- it will be a couple more days as the saw is having a sleepover in Kansas.:bang:

part 2 :)

[video=youtube;g-87HSFMI1Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-87HSFMI1Y[/video]

my internet must not like cooperating with youtube because it takes forever :bang: I've been uploading in between projects. done for the day. more tomorrow :cheers:
Slow net I know the feeling, hey great stuff thanks for posting!!!! Aaron you may have a great idea my friend!. Bryan u will be sooooo happy! And I agree 288's are hard to beat, and ported I am sure even harder.

2100 has made it to TN! Well the West Side of TN. Wonder how far it is from Knoxville to Memphis?:bang: Gonna be a long night.

I was super busy today so didn't get around to uploading another part of the vid. 2 more parts. gonna try get them both done tomorrow. marcel has hundreds and hundreds of old logging videos he said he's give me copies of. he filmed them because he knew the industry was gonna take a turn for the worst, logging ain't what it used to be. I like watching these old vids because it was done the way I like in the best era of logging. today's logging is a joke compared to what it used to be :( but hay anyways I put them on this thread for the 2100/2101's in the vid mostly, the logging part of it is just a bonus. :)

another busy day. blew a rod in one of my 3120's milling this morning :( still runs and has power but has a very slight knock. pulled jug and no harm done to it and at first the rod seemed tight but noticed the play only at TDC. I got a couple spare cranks chill'n and a set of new bearings. just need the case gasket and i'll be good to go :D hope to get the 2 last parts of the vid up soon :) milled with it setting it down to idle and cool between cuts only to hear that knock around 2 hrs in. stopped right then and there to go pull her apart.

Pretty cool old videos of the BC logging. They sure liked their 2100s up there eh?

Here's one from out there, needed an air filter, fuel line Bar/chain. You can tell she did some work in her day.

And she still runs A1, I like to keep them with their battle scars and character, they earned them for sure.

I did take the liberty to install a low profile air cleaner.

attachment.php

It's Official!
Shane bummer on the saw, glad u caught it in time, great news on that. Man what a beautiful 2110 official induction to the club, hope you like it and are happy! Sachs, love seeing your saws buddy, and agree on the battle scars! Mike hows the weather out there buddy?

Hey! Does my Husky 298xp count? :msp_thumbsup:

She needs a little work... Not sure what I am gonna do with her yet :confused2:

I also picked up a 395xp and a 288xp at the same time. The 395xp is on ebay and the 288xp is going to get fixed up.

[video]http://s1201.photobucket.com/user/silveradostud/media/Husqvarna%20Chainsaws/5623230C-ECA1-42D9-9DA8-84A30C17151F-6626-000008CA82610921_zps14466f73.mp4.html[/video]

1DB562BE-EB6B-4260-8983-D13A2B051ACA-6626-000008CA44FE0246_zps95248f30.jpg

B558C10A-4E3E-4245-BE01-D4C26DA24E31-6626-000008CA52B8E12F_zps3c8512e1.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like you squished that air filter. What are you going to do if the wife needs her pot lid? :msp_biggrin:

Aw come on doggy,

sometimes we need to improvise eh? Yeah that was "custom squished' I was looking for a low profile approach so's my belly would have some maneuvering room.

You well know them saws are quite often missing the filter cover. and I had a couple freeby filters laying around. Believe it or not, there was some serious lathe work done to make that base/top. It is a super dense Plastic "nyoil" top and bottom. Y'all can laugh but it sure beats the hell out of them tall foam green things they put on 'em back in the day.

Yup all these years of putzin' with old SDs I have learned to make my own when no suitable replacements are available.
One thing about my stuff, it is "one of a kind",,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,for better or worse:yoyo::yoyo:

Aw come on doggy,

sometimes we need to improvise eh? Yeah that was "custom squished' I was looking for a low profile approach so's my belly would have some maneuvering room.

You well know them saws are quite often missing the filter cover. and I had a couple freeby filters laying around. Believe it or not, there was some serious lathe work done to make that base/top. It is a super dense Plastic "nyoil" top and bottom. Y'all can laugh but it sure beats the hell out of them tall foam green things they put on 'em back in the day.
Looks good to me, and I agree not into the giant filters, that stand staright up, they always get smashed the first week. CRE1992 all three of those saws you mentioned, count, and very much! Nice scores:msp_thumbsup:

well guys I got some good news and bad news. good news is I talked to marcel today and he says he will convert more of his falling vids to discs for me :) bad news is that I watched the vid over again and realized I got the parts mixed up. the first 2 parts are actually the best. I also realized that the 4th part has some information and footage that I kinda felt like marcel wouldn't want on the net so I called him to be sure and sure enough he says he'd rather the 4th part stay off the net. the 3rd part is almost done uploading and I will put it on norms thread here but it won't be interesting to most I think. I know you guys are all about saws and dropping tree's so it may not be your cup of tea. it's coming within the next half hour. if you care to watch enjoy.

Latest posts

Back