22T Huskee/Speeco Log Cradle

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The SpeeCo log catcher can be had at TSC with this week's 10%-off coupon that came in the mail.

The 33flame (eBay seller name) fabricates a table that many here like, as do I. Note that it will hold the log below the lip of the beam to keep it from falling into the splitting area.

Log Splitter Cradle Table The Ultimate Back Saver | eBay

When I bought my Huskee 22T I also purchased the factory log cradle. After looking closely at it, I determined that the cradle was just too small for how I split wood. I returned the cradle and built a "temporary" stand alone wooden table to use until I could fabricate a larger, permanent table. Well it's now been 3 years and I'm not sure that I could go with anything smaller than the size of that wooden table. It does take some extra work to move the table every time the splitter moves. However, with the way I use the splitter, once it gets pulled out of the storage garage and put near the stacks it usually doesn't move much during that day.

Here are some pictures of the table along with my "mobile hydraulic log lift" in action.

Attachments

• IMG_3954.JPG
    IMG_3954.JPG
    144.6 KB · Views: 141
  • IMG_3955.JPG
    IMG_3955.JPG
    133.6 KB · Views: 153
The Speeco Log catcher is on sale for $29.99 this week if you live near a Fleet Farm store. I've had mine on for close to 2 years and its held up fine. The open slats on the catcher worked out nice when I need to hook my ramp on the side to roll the large, heavy rounds I can lift up to the beam.

Another thing to do that is free and doubles your area for storing the splits while working on a big round is to simply make another log table out of the rounds you are going to split. Roll a couple and stack next to the splitter. Beats bending over.:msp_rolleyes:

I agree the catcher is too small. I welded some small angle iron to the sides to keep pieces from falling off. It works ok for me now, but I feel like it might bend or break when I set a large round on it. It is nice to be able to change to vertical on the fly to get the big pieces. I rarely split more than one tank of gas at a time - after work or whenever I can, but rarely do I get a day to do things.

Latest posts

Back