$25.00 Poulan 5200

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Guido Salvage

Supreme Saw Whoreder
Reaction score
Unlike my Poulan Pro 405 deal, this transaction went smoothly. While the other Poulan lovers were snoozing, I found this saw out west on Craigslist.

Chainsaw - Poulan Countervibe 5200 - $25

Poulan Countervibe 5200 - late 70's model chainsaw - NOT currently functioning. This saw needs a new ignition module. Recommended for someone needing the parts or looking for a "fun" restoration job. Comes with the original manual.
This beast was a trusty workhorse and has spent 3 decades cutting in nearly every acre of XXXXX.

Called the seller and after talking a bit he agreed to sell me the saw and ship it back it. Reactivated his PayPal account and I sent him the funds, the saw was here 8 days later even with the Thanksgiving holiday. Finally had a chance to look at it today, P&C look good and a quick once over revealed no major deficiencies.

Poulan5200fromAZ3.jpg

Put the tester on the saw and gave it a good pull.

Poulan5200fromAZ4.jpg

Boy it had compression! After 5 pulls it was reading over 170 PSI.

Poulan5200fromAZ5.jpg

Just sent the carcass of a 5200 to a member here a couple of weeks ago with a module, but I have another one here with a scored cylinder I can rob one off of if necessary.

Poulan5200fromAZ2.jpg

Came with a little dinky 16" GB bar that I will upgrade to a 24" or 28" as well as the original owners manual. I have an extra dog to install on it and think I will switch the front handles between the two saws. Looks like I did okay on this one.

sweet, that saw will cut you a lot of big wood, can;t wait to see it with the 28" on there. u ****

Latest posts

Back