25 hour cycle of trees

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rnangel

Reaction score
Can you please give me information about the 25 hour cycle of trees. I was informed by a professor that trees have a 25 hour cycle of expansion and contraction, I am interested in learning more about this topic. thank-you Paul

I have never heard of a 25 hour cycle. I assume he was referring to the photosynthesis process, on which there are many straight-forward books.

Plants in general respond primarily to the amount of light in a given 24 hour period, reflecting seasonal trends. Buds swell and break according to the length of the day, not the temperature. Temperature would affect the rate of leaf growth. Similarly leaf colour change in the fall and increased root growth in September/October are triggered by decreasing amounts of daylight.

If he was referring to something other than light, please let us know.

Sorry I have my Science exam tomorrow and I can\'t resist.
Photosynthesis : the process by which green plants make their food.
Carbon Dioxide and Water in the presence of light and chlorophyll equals Oxygen and Glucose
6CO2 + 6H20 + H.V + Chlorophyll = 602 + C6H12O6
Sorry I cant help though

Isn\'t it amazing!!!
Anyone who thinks this kind of thing \"evolved\" and was not designed by Our Creator is delusional. I have been very scientific-minded all my life; very analytical, requiring proof of everything. But, the more I study the world around me, the more convinced I become that there is intelligent design in all of nature. This world and the creatures in it are too complex to have \"evolved\".

Latest posts

Back