25' x 6' x ? .. What To Build (Pics)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cambium

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Time to rack your brains.

I do not have a shed, my garage is a mess with power tools, I chose to park my splitter not my car in the garage, My vegetable pots are an eye sore in the winter, tired of bringing beach chairs inside, and I'm tired of tarping my firewood...

I'm in the mind process of building something come Springtime.

Do I build a toolshed and a wood shed? OR Just a tool shed? OR just a woodshed?

I have 25' x 6' x whatever height to play with. It would go where you see the stack of wood on the left.
From Huge Maple to the beginning of Wooden fence is 25 feet long.

Only downside I see is: I would lose the nice landscape of course AND the wood wouldn't dry as fast with no summer sun baking it.

100_0669.jpg

100_0569-1.jpg

Well, where I live I don't have the option to build a woodshed due to codes regulating the # & sq. ft. of detached buildings on your lot so, for me, a woodshed is out of the question. As far as tarps - I hate 'em but they are needed.

What I do is stack on pallets, open on the top for summer, like this:

P1010028.jpg

Come winter, I put additional pallets on top (to support the needed tarps) and create a 'flap' on the down-wind side, like this:

woodpile_covered1a.jpg

In the picture above, all I have to do to access wood is lift that piece of conduit up and wood is accessible.

Now, before anyone critiques how low the tarps are along the sides of the pile in the second photo - that wood is dry, seasoned and ready to burn. I'm just keeping the snow off the pile and trying to keep snow from blowing in - my hillbilly 'woodshed' that the tax man around here can't regulate in any manner/shape or form.

Yes, these are photos from last years wood - too lazy to get photos of this years stash. I have a few more stacks this year. :)

Shari

Back