260 Work

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bigbob

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Anybody know the carb model(s) numbers with the HIGH adjustment for the 260 mods?

Also is it necessary to remove the clutch and flywheel to do a thorough cleaning? If not, what do you recommend? My 260 is caked with oil and sawdust.

Finally what is the lowest acceptable PSI compression for the 260?

Thanks

Bigbob

Heres the Stihl part numbers for the carbs available with H screws.

1121 120 0602

Last edited:
Anybody know the carb model(s) numbers with the HIGH adjustment for the 260 mods?

Besides the WT-194, there's these:

(from my MS260 IPL)
1121 120 0650 = WT-426
1121 120 0612 = WT-426

I swapped my stock WT-403A (non-adj.) for the WT-194 after I did the muffler mod.

Kevin

Where to Buy

So were is a good place to pick one up and sell the old one, Ebay?

Thanks for all you info guys!

Robert

So were is a good place to pick one up and sell the old one, Ebay?

Thanks for all you info guys!

Robert

I got mine from an AS member, but I don't think he's selling them anymore. Try some of the AS sponsors such as Curt's Parts.

Kevin

I got mine from an AS member, but I don't think he's selling them anymore. Try some of the AS sponsors such as Curt's Parts.

Kevin

I just bought 3 WT-194s off them on Ebay. I sell two of them for $20 each plus $6.95 for shipping. The auction says "new" but since I haven't seen them you must buy them as is.

Robert
contact me via [email protected] You can make a paypal payment to [email protected]

Also is it necessary to remove the clutch and flywheel to do a thorough cleaning? If not, what do you recommend? My 260 is caked with oil and sawdust.

Finally what is the lowest acceptable PSI compression for the 260?

Clutch, yes. Chain side is dirty and the oil pump gets all goobered up pretty good. and take the brake band cover off and clean it all out under there too. If you'r ein there to do a cleaning, might as well get it all... There's not much behind the flywheel and that side is "dry" so it doesn't get as dirty.

Lowest acceptable compression is probably around 120 or so.

At 120 it will be hard to start and run like a dog. 140 is time for rings or piston/rings. 150-155 is mid-life.

Thanks for the real numbers. All my saws are 160-180 and I was just guessing.

P.S. I'd rep ya if I could... ;)

Latest posts

Back