261 with a smelly surprise inside - help

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks again for the replies guys. I think I may have over reacted. I put a few drips of mix in the cylinder and cleaned the carbon on the exhaust. To my surprise the cylinder washed off clean as new. This has me thinking I should look into some different oil. Here is a not so good pic of what I see now.

All's well that ends well. Stick to the same oil, it should be OK. Take another look after more cuts. If you ask for suggestions for the "best" 2-cycle oil, be prepared to read through 20 pages of opinions.

All's well that ends well. Stick to the same oil, it should be OK. Take another look after more cuts. If you ask for suggestions for the "best" 2-cycle oil, be prepared to read through 20 pages of opinions.
Everything from how does it smell or taste. And invariably Amsoil 10,000 to one

Sent from my SM-T377P using Tapatalk

Thanks again for the replies guys. I think I may have over reacted. I put a few drips of mix in the cylinder and cleaned the carbon on the exhaust. To my surprise the cylinder washed off clean as new. This has me thinking I should look into some different oil. Here is a not so good pic of what I see now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That piston looks like new, the cylinder also after washing it, it's normal for some black too to stay inside when idling due to low exhaust suctions effect, keeping the smoke longer in the combustion chamber. Only way the cylinder is clean when the saw is off is to shut it down at wot, but what's the point in that :crazy:? No harm done, a bit of carbon won't scratch the hard chromium walls in a million years, or the steel rings. These pics assure me that I shouldn't stop using HP Ultra. How many tanks of fuel did you ran through that saw? Also, you could run 40:1, the bottom end will thank you on the long run.

Latest posts

Back