261c problems

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What do they cost do you know?
bout 20 bucks now...down from 50 on the last one we had to replace on a 362cm. and that's been the only one weve seen back to the shop. just as the o.p. described, couldn't even get it to idle in the start position to manually calibrate it. saw would just flood itself out.

bout 20 bucks now...down from 50 on the last one we had to replace on a 362cm. and that's been the only one weve seen back to the shop. just as the o.p. described, couldn't even get it to idle in the start position to manually calibrate it. saw would just flood itself out.
Worth keeping one in stock for that price. I wonder if they fit other size saws.

Ok Thank you Randy now to find a muffler.lol
depending on what your getting a muffler for you might just be better off buying the solenoid and replacing it yourself...if youre handy enough, shouldnt be a hard procedure though. if your gonna spend 50 on a muffler anyways to get warranty work done to replace a 20 dollar part you might as well take that and buy the solenoid.

Thanks for the input Ted......I'm far less experienced on the service issues than you are.
im just a parts counter flunky/service writer. but I watch very very closely to what the mechanics are doing....I only tinker in my basement on the older saws and haven't had the chance to get into any m-tronics yet. youre probably more well versed in em than I am.

depending on what your getting a muffler for you might just be better off buying the solenoid and replacing it yourself...if youre handy enough, shouldnt be a hard procedure though. if your gonna spend 50 on a muffler anyways to get warranty work done to replace a 20 dollar part you might as well take that and buy the solenoid.
Just called my stihl dealer they are still 50.00 here.

Back