261c problems

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sumabitch! Used my 261C-M briefly this afternoon. Made a few cuts with it, turned it off, about 1 minute later went to start it up again and it wouldn't. Seems to be flooded, but I didn't think you could flood an M-tronic saw. Anyway, gonna have to try to fire it up this evening and see it'll start, or if its gonna get a trip back to the dealer next week...

Well, at least I have good news! While I had mine apart, I checked the spark on my plug. Very sketchy spark. Like some pulls, no spark at all, others lots of spark, and others just intermittent spark. Let the saw sit for a couple of hours, and put in a new plug. Fired up first pull. Figured I'd do a reset while I was at it. Seems to be running great now. I've had spotty issues with this saw since I got it last year. I wonder if the plug has been the culprit all along. It's the factory original plug. I have less than 10 tanks through this saw. I know a spark plug is supposed to have a 100 hour service life, but I don't think I've ever run one in a saw half that long before I replaced it.

I have every confidence in the M-tronic system, Keith. I've found that the few issues that I've had with my new saws have had nothing to do with the chip, just the usual saw stuff.

Latest posts

Back