266 fuel line

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JJackson

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I am trying to replace the fuel line from my 266xp, the one I removed was a straight piece of tubbing. The one I received is shorter and has and expanded portion near the middle that looks like a cone on top of a cylinder. Any tips adn advice would be greatly appreciated. I do currently have the tank portion seperated.

You should ask for # 5014 265 02,this one is longer.To install ,take a pliable rod(hanger or else )about the size of I.D. of the hose.Bring this rod tru the hole on the top of the tank to the fuel cap hole.Intall the rod inside the hose and "pull" until the hose comes tru the top hole.Then with your fingers ,pull the hose up to the expanded section.Note you must pull STRAIGHT UP and the hose will stretch ,but thats ok.Add a bit of oil around the expanded portion before pulling the hose.

wow, it will be hard to get that bell/cone shapped pat of the hose through the opening of the tank. I will try the hanger idea. I read the privious post where you gave the same advice for a husky 44 but the fuel lines are different so I wanted to make sure. I will try later this evening.

Back