• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy 288xp Chain Brake

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Byrdmando

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Does anyone have a chain brake for a 288xp that I could buy off of you? Thanks in advance.

Byrdmando
Coleman Falls, Va.

Hi chainsawman2011,

That is a million dollar question. The cover does not appear to be broken and it seems that the previous owner just took the brake off so I think I could just use the brake handle but I am missing the brake band under the cover....so basically, all I have is the cover and no part of the brake.

I would be open to either the full cover or just the brake. Will really depend on what I can afford. Thanks.

Byrdmando,
Coleman Falls, Va.

Hi chainsawman2011,

That is a million dollar question. The cover does not appear to be broken and it seems that the previous owner just took the brake off so I think I could just use the brake handle but I am missing the brake band under the cover....so basically, all I have is the cover and no part of the brake.

I would be open to either the full cover or just the brake. Will really depend on what I can afford. Thanks.

Byrdmando,
Coleman Falls, Va.

If you get a full cover...................I'd be interested in the bare cover that you have now (if it's the plastic lever type). I have a complete but broken cover for my 288XP...

I have a complete aftermarket one. Another member was wanting it but not heard from him about it for a couple weeks. Pm me if your interested

Latest posts

Back