290 oil pump

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodsplitter3

Reaction score
My Stihl MS 290 was leaking chain oil underneath the exhaust. I took the oiler apart and realized that the exit line on pump attaches to another line. I don’t know the name of it, but it has an o ring on it and it is what the exit oiler part connects to. The o ring and nipple are broken clean off. Is this repairable

Thank you all. I have it all apart hopefully I can get it back together when I get the new parts. I took a lot of pictures as I went to help remember how.

That class of saw is great 290, 311, 390. If well taken care of they just keep chugging along reliably every day for years and years, parts are damn cheap and plentiful with huge aftermarket support. Yea they are a pta if you think you are going to sneak a repair without tearing it all the way down and putting it back together in the correct order of steps. The 290 gets a lot of flack for being a slow cutter but damn if people don't put a 20" but will pull a 16" pretty darn good. When it gets tired or hard to start below 40f put a high quality 390 p/c kit on it and enjoy it all over again.

I don't know why I get so many in that have pistons and cylinders that are so scarred up, it's like the owners of these 1127s don't know how to mix fuel or they try to run them with the H screw turned almost all the way in, trying to get 20k rpms out of them.

Latest posts

Back