2nd Appalachian GTG Oct 24th WV, VA, PA, MD and ALL others

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

7oaks

DRUGSTORE LOGGER
Reaction score
Okay all, I'm finally home from Montana. Let's start doing some final planning.

First of all I want to invite all you AS members who didn't make the last one in June. You missed a great time and I'm sure the attendees from that GTG will be coming back. Here is a link to some of the pics and videos of that GTG:

http://www.arboristsite.com/showthread.php?t=98268&page=12

And here's a pic of the participants:

attachment.php

This GTG will be at my place in Barnum, WV (just south of Cumberland, MD) on October 24th. I'll be there a few days early to welcome those who can get there early and help with set-up and everyone is welcome to stay through the whole weekend.

There is a "bachelor" cabin there where 4 or 5 guys spent the night last time. There is also lots of camping space and space for small camp trailers.

I'll get specific directions to all who request them via PM.

Barnum, WV is on the North Branch of the Potomac River.

One final link to the thread that got this GTG going:

http://www.arboristsite.com/showthread.php?t=107572

Let the good times roll !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay all, I'm finally home from Montana. Let's start doing some final planning.

First of all I want to invite all you AS members who didn't make the last one in June. You missed a great time and I'm sure the attendees from that GTG will be coming back. Here is a link to some of the pics and videos of that GTG:

http://www.arboristsite.com/showthread.php?t=98268&page=12

And here's a pic of the participants:

attachment.php

This GTG will be at my place in Barnum, WV (just south of Cumberland, MD) on October 24th. I'll be there a few days early to welcome those who can get there early and help with set-up and everyone is welcome to stay through the whole weekend.

There is a "bachelor" cabin there where 4 or 5 guys spent the night last time. There is also lots of camping space and space for small camp trailers.

I'll get specific directions to all who request them via PM.

Barnum, WV is on the North Branch of the Potomac River.

One final link to the thread that got this GTG going:

http://www.arboristsite.com/showthread.php?t=107572

Let the good times roll !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a great looking bunch of guys and saws! Looking forward to seeing all again.

Not a bad looking truck there in the background...too...HUH? :)
*lol*

I had to rep 'ya on that one.

Your certainly a stand up guy for hosting the GTGs. :cheers:

On a good note for me, my house is leaving for Cali soon, the first portion is still in Jane Lew. Roof and floor joists are being milled as I type...I'm looking forward to cutting some pine...:clap:

It's actually Buzz's truck though it could become mine at the GTG if I follow his example with Mikey's RA!!! LOL (inside joke there)

Good news on the logs moving west. Sure you aren't coming out to the GTG and then accompanying them back? I'll lend you a saw...

Good news on the logs moving west. Sure you aren't coming out to the GTG and then accompanying them back? I'll lend you a saw...
I sure wish I could, but being out of work, and more so that I pretty much tapped myself out of cash getting my son into UCLA, I'm just not in a position to take any trips right now...:cry:

Some folks talkin' about a GTG out west in NorCal, so maybe we can put together one of our own out here...but I would still like to hang out with you folks in the Appalachians...seems to be a lot of good folks back there...it's different than Cali for certain, but that's to be expected I 'spose...Cali will never be the same after the 60s...:D

I have to ask you though...does it EVER quit raining back there???? (I heard it's raining again in the past couple days...)

Unfortunately Carl and the gang, I will be unable to attend this gtg. :( I have a large family gathering to attend that day, my aunt is comin in from Utah, don't get to see her very often. Oh and BTW, that Chevy Diesel in the background was Chris's aka K5Krawler. I don't know what Josh aka Ilovemy660 is doing, i know he has been laid off a few weeks and im bettin he isn't in a financial situation to come down. I'll c if i can find out what he is doin. Hope you all have as good a time as I had at the June one, what a great event of the summer, definately one of the most fun things i did all summer. Hope you all have a safe time and the saws are runnin strong in the cool air.

Who Plans on Attending?

Hey guys...Just three weeks away and I'm not seeing a great deal of enthusiasm here. Need to know who all (how many) are planning on attending...

Hey guys...Just three weeks away and I'm not seeing a great deal of enthusiasm here. Need to know who all (how many) are planning on attending...

I'm in for Saturday Carl. Should be there sooner this time since I know where it is now.

I'm on my way to the shop now to try the new carb diaphragm in the Orline. Wish me luck.

Thinking about bringing the Wright blade saw this time. Not much good on a log but it looks cool and sounds great.

Let's see, I also need a case of Iron City and a case of Yeungling. Let me know if there's anything else I can bring.
Oh, and I need to finish the secret compartment in my truck for the R......whoops, never mind.

Carl, glad you're back. Just saw the post today after wondering if there was gonna be another GTG soon and searched for it. Technically I'm free that weekend, but I'm coming back from travel that Friday and owe my wife some work on the house if I want to stay married. Best case is that I'm just able to come out for the Saturday again. Which is a bit of a bummer as I was hoping to extend the stay this time. I'll let you know for sure shortly, I'll see if I can get Chris (Masiman) on board.

-Dave

I'm in for Saturday Carl. Should be there sooner this time since I know where it is now. SEE YOU THERE...JUST REMEMBER TO TURN IN AT THE KINGSFORD CHARCOAL PLANT. :yoyo:

I'm on my way to the shop now to try the new carb diaphragm in the Orline. Wish me luck. GOOD LUCK:D

Thinking about bringing the Wright blade saw this time. Not much good on a log but it looks cool and sounds great. PLEASE DO!

Let's see, I also need a case of Iron City and a case of Yeungling. Let me know if there's anything else I can bring. I'VE COME TO REALLY LIKE IRON CITY SINCE YOU BROUGHT THE LAST CASE. :givebeer:
Oh, and I need to finish the secret compartment in my truck for the R......whoops, never mind.

Carl, glad you're back. Just saw the post today after wondering if there was gonna be another GTG soon and searched for it. Technically I'm free that weekend, but I'm coming back from travel that Friday and owe my wife some work on the house if I want to stay married. Best case is that I'm just able to come out for the Saturday again. Which is a bit of a bummer as I was hoping to extend the stay this time. I'll let you know for sure shortly, I'll see if I can get Chris (Masiman) on board.

-Dave

DAVE...COUNTING ON YOU AND CHRIS!

Hey Carl, Sorry I can't make it. I'll see if my Dad is still interested. Thanks, Jonathan

WE'LL MISS YOU JONATHAN BUT GLAD TO HAVE YOUR DAD.

Im hoping to be there, buy i will be letting you know for sure in the coming days. I really want to since the last time i ran my saws was the last gtg

Ryan

HEY I NEED YOUR HELP TO SET-UP AGAIN. I REALLY MEANT TO GET THE MILL RUNNING THIS WEEKEND IN ORDER TO CUT SOME 8X8s BUT RAN OUT OF TIME. (I DID GET THE NEW CONTRA RUNNING THOUGH)...:chainsawguy:

I'll be taking my first wife, Ginger, to a tropical beach this coming weekend for her birthday so will be out of touch four or five days. See if you can get some of those WV, Va and Maryland lurkers interested. I'm going to try to smoke some brisket this time if I have the time...

Keep bumping this thread up in my absence. :rockn:

I'm in for Saturday Carl. Should be there sooner this time since I know where it is now.

I'm on my way to the shop now to try the new carb diaphragm in the Orline. Wish me luck.

Thinking about bringing the Wright blade saw this time. Not much good on a log but it looks cool and sounds great.

Let's see, I also need a case of Iron City and a case of Yeungling. Let me know if there's anything else I can bring.

If I make it, will need room for the Sup........

Wheeelll....Not sure if I will get there...got some major work to do at the wife's house, not sure of when I'll start it. Gonna try my best to make it..

Latest posts

Back