GTG Va, WV, PA, and West. MD is a go!!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How have you gentlemen been? Picked up a few new saws and sold a few, been tinkering with the offroad bikes and the Jeep as well as a '67 International Harvester Cub Cadet 123...anybody been sawin or workin on projects? Hope to meet up with you all again soon!

-Jon

For Carl when he gets back from the big country out west. I think I doubled if not tripled my collection since last. :eek:uttahere2::blob2:

Good to hear from you guys again. Hope all is well.

Ditto on the collection. I think I'm up to 25 now. As you can see from Mikey's post, I did a resto on an RA - right after I did an IEL HM. I found a Wright C70G that needed a little work on the planetary assembly, a main bearing and seals but otherwise stock, then found a Wright C50 that needed total resto (see avatar). Pastryguy sent me a Mac 3-25 I'll be working on this winter. I stumbled on a Hoffco Super 90 (134cc) and am about 90% done with it. Then found a Hoffco Super 510. These things seem to come in pairs. Finally got that Mall GP going - the coil was shorting out. I coated it with silicone grease and taped it up - works like new.

CAD at it's worst --- but OK if over 100cc's.

I have a big pile of saws that are just itching to cut some cookies. Would love to make a road trip if possible.

How have you gentlemen been? Picked up a few new saws and sold a few, been tinkering with the offroad bikes and the Jeep as well as a '67 International Harvester Cub Cadet 123...anybody been sawin or workin on projects? Hope to meet up with you all again soon!

-Jon

Good to see everyone is well and prospering, including Buzz...
Glad to see someone else tinkering around with an old Cub, I have a pre-MTD 1450 that I use everyday, looking for something like you have to restore.

Wow buzz sounds like you've got some real gems under the knife. I'm attempting to join the 100+ club with a McCulloch. The plan is a Mac 250 or big 1- series saw and a 101b or MC91 under the hood with some kart goodies on the motor ;) Ebay has been failing my stingy ass so far but i'll find one haha

Gtg

Good to hear you all are doing so well.

I won't be back east until late in Sept then have commitments through most of Oct. Would love to have another GTG if all would work out. We'll just have to see.

Cheers from beautiful Montana...

Wow buzz sounds like you've got some real gems under the knife. I'm attempting to join the 100+ club with a McCulloch. The plan is a Mac 250 or big 1- series saw and a 101b or MC91 under the hood with some kart goodies on the motor ;) Ebay has been failing my stingy ass so far but i'll find one haha

My best finds have been sheer luck. Just keep watching and let everyone know you're interested in big old boat anchors.

Hey Carl, how about a couple pics from out west?

Good to hear from you K5...
I'm still kicking around doing one, probably next spring, unless I get all of my "projects" done by early fall.
Do you have any of the W.Va cough syrup? :monkey:

Hi Carl,
You can count me and the old man in for a Fall GTG. Can't wait! Jonathan
Maybe you can bring LILHomeDelight! Congrats again, and if anybody here missed it you had a beautiful baby this summer!

My best finds have been sheer luck. Just keep watching and let everyone know you're interested in big old boat anchors.

Hey Carl, how about a couple pics from out west?

I'll try but this slow internet connection out here in the deep woods makes it hard to send e-mails let alone upload pics to AS. Let's see:

View attachment 198312View attachment 198313View attachment 198314

I'll be damned if I can figure out how to upload images anymore with these forum changes. Nothing works at this end and as you all know I've done it hundreds of times before. Search doesn't work - can't insert images - all very frustrating and makes AS an unenjoyable experience.
:mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2:

I'll try but this slow internet connection out here in the deep woods makes it hard to send e-mails let alone upload pics to AS. Let's see:

View attachment 198312View attachment 198313View attachment 198314

I'll be damned if I can figure out how to upload images anymore with these forum changes. Nothing works at this end and as you all know I've done it hundreds of times before. Search doesn't work - can't insert images - all very frustrating and makes AS an unenjoyable experience.
:mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2:

Should I try again? Okay!

This is my boxer Kazan and I working from the deck.
attachment.php

Move over you big bully.
attachment.php

Caught on one of my trail cameras last night.
attachment.php

Anybody for a GTG in Montana? LOL

Excellent pictures as usual Carl! And I'd be down for a GTG in Montana if your buyin my plane ticket :hmm3grin2orange:

Buzz that is an absolutely breathtaking saw, its not beautiful, its exquisite!

Thanks! And the best part is, I didn't paint it, just cleaned up. Official release coming soon.

Latest posts

Back