2nd Appalachian GTG Oct 24th WV, VA, PA, MD and ALL others

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where's all of the comments, pics????

What did I miss?..Did Buzz hide any saws?

Didn't get there Mikey, sick as a dog Sat morning. Could have been depression knowing I wasn't going to run the RA. Demi cancelled at the last minute too - didn't want to get her T-shirt wet in the rain.

Just me and carl friday, did a test n tune friday nite due to rain. Rain sat morning then cleared off so we got saw a lil. Got my rebuilt 660 in some wood along with my 440. Carl got to run his some too. Ill post the few pics we took if carl doesnt beat me to it. We ate pretty good!! Ryan

Just me and carl friday, did a test n tune friday nite due to rain. Rain sat morning then cleared off so we got saw a lil. Got my rebuilt 660 in some wood along with my 440. Carl got to run his some too. Ill post the few pics we took if carl doesnt beat me to it. We ate pretty good!! Ryan

I hear the food was good Ryan. I had a couple racks of baby backs I baked the night before - didn't get to eat them either. Really missed it.

Didn't get there Mikey, sick as a dog Sat morning. Could have been depression knowing I wasn't going to run the RA. Demi cancelled at the last minute too - didn't want to get her T-shirt wet in the rain.

Awww!...That's terrible Buzz...I just got over that crud myself....lasted 3 weeks, dunno if it was Swine or not. I spent most of the day Saturday in a crawl space doing plummin' work. I missed touching the Super EZ actually. The RA says hello, best wishes for a speedy recovery, see 'ya in spring with a new chain....

Dang, you fellas need to get feelin better.

I would like to be informed on the next GTG, I might try to make the ride up there.

Caught this guy last night at Mt Storm lake not far from your place 7oaks. He was 24" and 5.5lbs. Second wiper/hybrid striper I ever caught. I caught 12 all told. No walleyes, but the weather was too nice yesterday. I'm told they only bite when it's really nasty. And yes you have to look rough or they won't bite.

Lance

SmallWiperA1-14-10.jpg

Isn't Mt. Storm lake too warm for walleye?.....Nice array of windmills they put up on the mountain back of there...

You would think, but I guess that's why we wait till it's nasty to fish for them. Otherwise I'd assume they stay pretty deep. A couple of weeks ago another guy at the station caught 23 walleye in an afternoon, but again the temp was probably around zero. I'm going back this afternoon since it's overcast and try again.

I caught these walleye this afternoon up there. I've heard divers talk about these monster cats, but I've never caught one or heard of anyone else doing so. You can catch a ton of catfish though. There's no state imposed limit on catfish there. I have since been told that my wiper isn't that big, and they catch them that size quite often. Sorry for derailing your thread.

SmallWalleye1-15-10.jpg

Thats some good eatin you caught rite there, fillet, crush nabisco crackers, sum milk and egg, dip, batter, lightly pan fry and enjoy with sum clear or your favorite malt beverage :) and back to Carl's thread, you set a date my man and i'll do my best to be there, I don't know my schedule very far in advance but I do know that I have Spring Break from school March 6th to the 14th so either of those weekends would work. I could come down early on Friday the 12th, I though about hittin George Washington National Forest for the Week near Harrisonburg, VA for sum light wheeling/fishing/camping/beer drinking. If i could detour to your place for a few days for a m&g that would make the ultimate break :)

Latest posts

Back