2nd Appalachian GTG Oct 24th WV, VA, PA, MD and ALL others

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I caught these walleye this afternoon up there. I've heard divers talk about these monster cats, but I've never caught one or heard of anyone else doing so. You can catch a ton of catfish though. There's no state imposed limit on catfish there. I have since been told that my wiper isn't that big, and they catch them that size quite often. Sorry for derailing your thread.

I have some buddies who scuba dive there - I'll ask them about the big cats.

Haven't been out to the farm in a couple weeks. Last time there I spend 7 hours plowing with the tractor just to get out. Neighbor tells me there are 50 inches on the ground right now and another 40 forecast for the coming week. Berms on the sides of the paved road are 15 feet high. Neighbor's tractor is completely covered with snow. It'll be a couple weeks more before I even attempt to go there.

We've had the most snow on record (since George Washington's measurements) so far this winter and it shows no sign of stopping.

Haven't been out to the farm in a couple weeks. Last time there I spend 7 hours plowing with the tractor just to get out. Neighbor tells me there are 50 inches on the ground right now and another 40 forecast for the coming week. Berms on the sides of the paved road are 15 feet high. Neighbor's tractor is completely covered with snow. It'll be a couple weeks more before I even attempt to go there.

We've had the most snow on record (since George Washington's measurements) so far this winter and it shows no sign of stopping.

Have they checked your place? Hope the roof is holding up OK and no ice dams, but then I'm pretty confident you've allowed for this.

Sounds like Yooper would feel right at home. Maybe we better start burning some carbon credits? Best way I know is running chainsaws.

The neighbors haven't even attempted to get to our place. They'd have to swim at least half a mile, up hill, though the snow just to get there. Needless to say I'm a bit worried about what is happening but just not up to driving to the nearest neighbor's then "hiking" through the snow.

My thought is that if we have the GTG next weekend you all can show up with snow shovels and get the road cleared to the cabin at least. ;)

The neighbors haven't even attempted to get to our place. They'd have to swim at least half a mile, up hill, though the snow just to get there. Needless to say I'm a bit worried about what is happening but just not up to driving to the nearest neighbor's then "hiking" through the snow.

My thought is that if we have the GTG next weekend you all can show up with snow shovels and get the road cleared to the cabin at least. ;)

Another look at the map and I understand. I would be happy to be there this weekend and help you dig out but I mysteriously developed a sharp pain in my lower back about an hour ago. My Dr. precribed cold beer and frequent soaks in a hot tub for the next month, otherwise, I'd be there.

attachment.php

Last edited:
Still have anywhere from 18" to 36" up my way....I remember seeing the little red circle on the maps on the D.C. tv stations for 40"+ around that area. Just let 'er melt away....

Another look at the map and I understand. I would be happy to be there this weekend and help you dig out but I mysteriously developed a sharp pain in my lower back about an hour ago. My Dr. precribed cold beer and frequent soaks in a hot tub for the next month, otherwise, I'd be there.

Still have anywhere from 18" to 36" up my way....I remember seeing the little red circle on the maps on the D.C. tv stations for 40"+ around that area. Just let 'er melt away....

You guys are a bunch of cop outs! {Cop out is an idiom meaning to avoid taking responsibility for an action or to avoid fulfilling a duty.}:mad:

You mean to tell me Benny hasn't blown a trail open with his atv yet? I find that hard to believe hahaha

Benny's in the same situation I'm in. He can't get to his place either and it is his tractor completely buried in snow. It was a blast ATVing up there a couple weeks ago with 40" of new powder. Hit 25mph and it was a wave of white flying over our heads. Couldn't see anything 5 feet in front. Kinda like this from a couple years ago:

attachment.php

LOL

Hahaha, a bunch of us had the Jeeps out the other weekend up on the ridges near the house here, they have anywhere from 26-50" depending where you hit, lot of digging, spinning, winching, and the constant sound of rev limiters bouncing. Its always fun but its getting old, my driveway is one giant muddy mess hope it freezes for a while again here.

Benny's in the same situation I'm in. He can't get to his place either and it is his tractor completely buried in snow. It was a blast ATVing up there a couple weeks ago with 40" of new powder. Hit 25mph and it was a wave of white flying over our heads. Couldn't see anything 5 feet in front. Kinda like this from a couple years ago:

attachment.php

LOL

Carl...is that snow on your face, or foam from an Iron City bottle?

:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

Is it too early to start thinking about a spring fling, Carl?

I'm in. Well, depends on the date. If we aim for after the 1st of may I should have a fresh ported 660R. Still bummed I couldn't make the October one, hopefully I get luckier this time.

Bump....

Can we start thinking about a spring one? Anyone game? Is Carl willing to be imposed on again?

There is a mini gtg- at the Heritage Festival coming up on May 1st. In Halifax county VA.
Then May 22nd a GTG in NC. I know thats a good ride for ya.

Back