• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy 3/8 chain advise

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kenton.a.frank

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I’m looking to buy a 100” roll of chain to outfit on saws I rebuild and sell as well as sell the chain to customers. I’ve done the cheap archer chain, just finishing up a roll of Carlton chain. I think in only want full chisel but can anyone point me in the direction to a good cutting robust non safety chain? If I remember reading right some people like the Oregon 72LGX100U chain? Maybe? Also other than eBay where is a good place to buy it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I get down to 100' I start looking around and some thing almost always pops up. Of course Ebay is popular, but some times a shop has a sale or? The brands I buy are hit or miss. There was a time that every thing had to be Stihl, however some times Carlton or Oregon seems to be really good. I just try to make sure I have 500' on hand with plenty of files to keep them sending chips. Thanks

I’m looking to buy a 100” roll of chain to outfit on saws I rebuild and sell as well as sell the chain to customers. I’ve done the cheap archer chain, just finishing up a roll of Carlton chain. I think in only want full chisel but can anyone point me in the direction to a good cutting robust non safety chain? If I remember reading right some people like the Oregon 72LGX100U chain? Maybe? Also other than eBay where is a good place to buy it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I like the Stihl RM (semi chisel) best as stays sharp longer. I did load up on Oregon LGX loops when Left Coast Supply had great deal. ($10 for 72 and $12 for 84) LGX has performed very well. That is my vote.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back