3 Best saws to own

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree with Snelling 100%. There's no way I'd sell that 044 as I would never want to be without a 70cc saw. The 361, although a great saw, becomes sort of useless when You have a 026 and a 044. My advise would be sell the 361 and an 026 and get the 066.

I've got a couple of good working 026's (one works real good) but when it comes down to "Gitter' Done" the 361's win hands down for felling 15" and down and all the limbing on any size tree that I cut hear on the East Coast , my 2171 works better in the 16" to 20 " stuff and the 394 or 660 come out on 20" and up but this is an East Coast thing as we run shorter bars on bigger saws so your mileage may vary .
Since 60cc saws are tweeners in other areas and therefore not worth owning , send me a PM about your useless saw (I might be interested ;)) .
I'm a one man operation with 10 saws , 3 clearing saws , 3 trimmers and still looking for the next "Legend" to own so I might not be the best to ask but I could get by (I guess if I had to ) with the 361 , 044 and an 066 combo .

:cheers:

Thanks for the reccomendations, but I am wanting to stay all Stihl. I have put one of my 026's on craigslist for sale and I may do the same with the 044.

Mac

Back