3 pt. stump grinder?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tripled's

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Looking to buy a stump grinder in the spring when business starts picking back up. My thoughts are to get one that goes behind my tractor since it goes to nearly every job with me anyways plus the engine and hyd. pump are already there meaning one less thing to upkeep. Has anyone used one of these and if so is it even comparable to a machine specifically dedicated to this purpose. Any ideas or opinions would be appreciated. Thanks

not sure how big your tractor is.

you will need rear hydraulic hook ups.

woods has a nice one.my dealer quoted me 3800

Never run one, so I can't advise exactly.

3 point hitch attachments will have a power rating. Make sure that what you buy will match up with your tractor. Too much or too little tractor will be a problem.

Even if your tractor has accessory hydraulic hookups, running the valves will be a bit tedious from the tractor cab. Some attachments will have their own hyd. valves, and will only need one hookup. Others will need a tractor valve for each hydraulic function.

I suppose a 70-120hp tractor could be equipped with a wireless remote control, and the operator could get out and run it like any other big fancy unit. If so equipped, it could probably outperform most any other large grinder available. It would certainly be awesome for handling rough terrain and speed from stump to stump. I have never seen one equipped that way, though.

Its a small tractor, mahindra 2525, the woods is the one ive been looking at. For the hyd. the best way i can see is to T off the control valve for the front end loader and run the lines back there.

Latest posts

Back