3 saw plan

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TreeSurfer

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
heres mine, 3120xp, 394xp, 359.

P1120112.jpg

P1120111.jpg

P1120110.jpg

Oh, gotcha.

Well, that is a nice plan, definitely no arguements here.

I kinda figured incorrectly that based on the title of the thread, this was an instructional for kicking CAD. Now, if you could please help a brother out, I need 2.6 oz of 2 stroke oil, just 2.6 oz, it's all I need, just want have a couple of saws I want to try,comeon man...

No saw plan is complete without a good Top handle in the group:look_down:

i have 2 192Ts one shindiawa and one echo. top handles are covered. im gonna get a 201T in 3 months. :)

if you have one of those people would expect you to climb a tree,,sorry my stupid fat azz is not going up a tree:D:D

No one ever said how far up the tree you've gotta go...

Besides, I'm one of those who doesn't buy into the rationale that tophandles are only for upper tree work. They're just too darn handy all around.

Any 3-saw plan with solid saws is a good one. The OP's looks sweet to me!

My personal opinion is that the vast majority of folks can get by easily with a 2-saw plan (50 and 70cc saws), but my personal 3-saw plan, if I had the jing to buy new, would be an MS261, MS441 C-M and MS660.

All ported and muff modded, of course.

So I guess my 3-saw plan would be the equivalent of 60, 80 and 100cc after all the mods. No, that would NOT suck! Having owned and run ported and muff modded 70 and 90 cc Stihls, I can say I love the added grunt and zing in a stock weight package. :)

Last edited:
I'm hoping for a 3 saw plan. I have a good 024 AV Super and an MS362. I'm anxiously waiting for the new MS461 to be the third.

Looks like all the bases are cover well. Did your 359 need the carburetor replaced. Threw my 359 Husky under the bench do to carburetor needing replaced.

the 359 needed a new carb kit and new springs for the clutch. the 3120 needed a new carb kit. i hate that the 3120 doesnt have an adjustment needle for the H screw.

It seems like my 3 saw plan might change before the MS661 comes out. Maybe a 441RCM...might be a 6 saw plan before I die.

MS200T climbing saw doesn't count
MS241 42cc
MS362 60cc
MS661 90cc

Last edited:
Back