3 saw plan

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well if i had to keep only 3 ,prolly be the 026,460 and 660 ,or the 044 ,440 and 460 ,too many good saws out there for just 3

My current 3 saw plan is:

Stihl 025, MS260, and MS361

Future is going to be

Stihl MS260, MS361, and 066

I can't wait to try out my 066!!

My 3 saw plan covers 660/32" ,7900/20'' and 026 pro 16''.Covers anything I get into!:msp_thumbup:

if you have one of those people would expect you to climb a tree,,sorry my stupid fat azz is not going up a tree:D:D

No body here is going to make you climb a tree......you just have to have one:highfive:

I'm hoping for a 3 saw plan. I have a good 024 AV Super and an MS362. I'm anxiously waiting for the new MS461 to be the third.

I like this idea. I had a 024super pass thru my hands last year. Wish I had kept it now. You're on the right track! The MS461 would be a glad addition, especially if it was ported....yeeehaw!

Whenever I try to figure out a three saw plan, I end up needing to buy two more. Cause the saws that I have arnt in the plan.

Any 3-saw plan with solid saws is a good one. The OP's looks sweet to me!

My personal opinion is that the vast majority of folks can get by easily with a 2-saw plan (50 and 70cc saws), but my personal 3-saw plan, if I had the jing to buy new, would be an MS261, MS441 C-M and MS660.

All ported and muff modded, of course.

So I guess my 3-saw plan would be the equivalent of 60, 80 and 100cc after all the mods. No, that would NOT suck! Having owned and run ported and muff modded 70 and 90 cc Stihls, I can say I love the added grunt and zing in a stock weight package. :)

Took the words right out of my keyboard.

I'd take those three models, all modded up and never have a regret ............ and get a lot done. I'd want 20" bar on the 261, 28" Lite ES on the 441CM and 36" Lite ES on the 660.

That said, I rarely use my modded 660 and have started my modded 084 about 4-6 times in 2.5 years, its just more than what I need and doesn't do what I do fast enough for the trouble of carrying it along. I don't have a modded 261, but do have a modded 260 and it can go somewhere else after running the 261.

Sam

Took the words right out of my keyboard.

I'd take those three models, all modded up and never have a regret ............ and get a lot done. I'd want 20" bar on the 261, 28" Lite ES on the 441CM and 36" Lite ES on the 660.

That said, I rarely use my modded 660 and have started my modded 084 about 4-6 times in 2.5 years, its just more than what I need and doesn't do what I do fast enough for the trouble of carrying it along. I don't have a modded 261, but do have a modded 260 and it can go somewhere else after running the 261.

Sam

Pretty close to what I'd do. But I really like a 16-inch bar on the smallest saw, even when it's modded. The 70cc saw would wear a 20 and a 25 (probably with an 8-pin after modding) and the big saw a 32 and a 36 in a 7 pin to maintain all the available grunt for the few times I'd need it for big wood up here. Really, the only big wood up here you can cut if you're not a logger is those thick old silver maples planted as boulevard trees.

Sam, your modded 084 sounds like a hell of a great milling saw. :)

I would love a 288xp my 066 scored the cylinder and piston but my 026 is pretty much my go to saw, in the process of trying to talk my cousin out of his P41

Here in CT:
020AV Super - 14" Rollomatic E Light
MS361R - 20" Rollomatic ES
056 Mag II - 28" & 36" Rollomatic ES Bars

The Mag II will go back to "really big wood only" duty once I get the 066 that I just bought ready to cut.

When I go back to WI, I really only use two saws...though there are a ton to choose from for the third.
MS200R - 14" Rollomatic E
MS660R - 20" Rollomatic ES
076 Super - 25" Vintage Oregon Bar

This was my 3 saw plan today. I went and got a load of firewood and decided to mix it up a bit. Stihl ms260 pro, Poulan 4900, McCulloch SP81. At first all saws were getting equal share then I got tired and the 260 finished out the day.

Photo0223.jpg

My 026 isnt a pro(then again neither am I) but ive had that saw for about 5 years and it just wont quit. Right now im cleaning the cylinder on my 066 looks like it can be saved then its looking like its going to Stumpys. I got saved on this one lmao my wife was with me when my stihl hating small engine guy said that it isnt worth fixing. Now she thinks sending it off is my only option and she ever breaks into this forum you guys never seen me or heard of me right?

Would a good 3 saw plan include 3 small stihls,3 mid sized stihls,3 large stihls, 3 small huskys.....ect?

My 026 isnt a pro(then again neither am I) but ive had that saw for about 5 years and it just wont quit. Right now im cleaning the cylinder on my 066 looks like it can be saved then its looking like its going to Stumpys. I got saved on this one lmao my wife was with me when my stihl hating small engine guy said that it isnt worth fixing. Now she thinks sending it off is my only option and she ever breaks into this forum you guys never seen me or heard of me right?

Jwalker1911 who ?

Back