Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats on the 30000 milestone. You'll be catching up to ST before you know it. I think he has been since 2002.

I haven't been here very long but learned fast that you are one of the good guys. I've learned a lot from some of your videos. The one about tuning your saw in the wood is one that really helped me. I won't be burning any more pistons because of running my saws too lean. Thank you and congrats.

That's quite a milestone around here where so many posters make one or two post asking about a saw problem and are never heard from again. I have learned so much from you and many others. Stick around, you might like it here (and be careful or you will end up with a garage full of saws---it's called CAD!!)

I'm glad you've stayed around this long. I've learned a lot from the threads and posts you've made, especially how to use the "search" feature. :msp_thumbup: Thanks for the help you've given and the way you've set the tone and direction of the site. Yep, you rock!:rock: Merry Christmas and all the best to you and yours.

Last edited:
Good post Brad, and I agree, you have came a long way.

Having a hobby that you enjoy, and make a little cash once in a while makes it even better. I started my business in 2003 sort of in the same way, taking a hobby I loved and running with it.

Nice saw collection BTW!.....Cliff

Brad you are a wonderful asset to this forum. There are only a few on here that I purposely try to read anything they post because it is always worth reading, and you are in that few - at the top of that list no doubt. Congrats on 30,000 posts. I don't think I'll reach that in a lifetime, lol!

Waylan

Congrats Brad!:msp_thumbup: I only have 28,000 to go to catch up. (pretty sure I an't gonna live long enough):biggrin:

Merry Christmas !!! To you and the rest of the Snelling clan.

:cheers:
Gregg,

Good for you man

You can easily tell why you have persisted and are such a good builder. You are one of the guys who sweats the details. That separates a good wrench from a parts changer. 99% of the mechanics out there, even the pros, are parts changers.

Congratulations!

Brad,
Pretty much ditto everything said in these posts, especially those comments concerning the professional tone/example you’ve set (for us to follow). You’ve certainly raised the standards. Also, and because of the timely and useful information I’ve gained, I try to read all your posts.
I’m fairly new to this forum. However, I’ve been here long enough to have suffered through your CSI certification; an agonizing time, for sure. What an amazing riding-into-the-sunset ending, though, eh!
I’m 73 now, and I’ve still got the first (real) saw I ever bought, a shiny new 041 Farm Boss. Like me, it’s not so shiny anymore. Fascinating, that a number of years ago I ran into the same problem with the oil pump (described in your first entry to this forum). After nearly burning up a chain and bar, I realized I’d lost the drive pin during a previous cleanup. I just ground off a drill bit shank that happened to be the right diameter, and it’s still driving the oil pump to this day!
Aw, here I go again--just like all us old folks, way too long-winded. So, Brad, congratulations, and thanks for your great contributions to this forum. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and yours!

Just amazing! I checked your profile. That's over 16 posts per day on average. That's insane.

In 5 years I'll still use this 028 and probably have 300 posts. I might own ten saws by then, but they won't be anything as nice as ANY of yours.

That mall is just perfect.
There's a reason it was shown first!

Someone needs a hobby :hmm3grin2orange:
This is my hobby. That's why I refuse to take any more work than I do.

Retirement????????
You won't be so lucky:)

That's it. I can't believe you found it!

Thanks for all the kind words guys. The privilege is mine.

Last edited:
I have a soft spot in my heart for early 08's and 08 Supers. You have a very nice specimen, but I must ask "where is your air filter man" LOL :biggrin:

Latest posts

Back