Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
russhd1997

russhd1997

Innocent By Stander
Congrats on the 30000 milestone. You'll be catching up to ST before you know it. I think he has been since 2002.

I haven't been here very long but learned fast that you are one of the good guys. I've learned a lot from some of your videos. The one about tuning your saw in the wood is one that really helped me. I won't be burning any more pistons because of running my saws too lean. Thank you and congrats.

nmurph

nmurph

ArboristSite.com Sponsor
That's quite a milestone around here where so many posters make one or two post asking about a saw problem and are never heard from again. I have learned so much from you and many others. Stick around, you might like it here (and be careful or you will end up with a garage full of saws---it's called CAD!!)

diggers_dad

diggers_dad

Sawchologist
I'm glad you've stayed around this long. I've learned a lot from the threads and posts you've made, especially how to use the "search" feature. :msp_thumbup: Thanks for the help you've given and the way you've set the tone and direction of the site. Yep, you rock!:rock: Merry Christmas and all the best to you and yours.

MnSam

MnSam

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Last edited:
Cliff R

Cliff R

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Good post Brad, and I agree, you have came a long way.

Having a hobby that you enjoy, and make a little cash once in a while makes it even better. I started my business in 2003 sort of in the same way, taking a hobby I loved and running with it.

Nice saw collection BTW!.....Cliff

walexa07

walexa07

ArboristSite Guru
Brad you are a wonderful asset to this forum. There are only a few on here that I purposely try to read anything they post because it is always worth reading, and you are in that few - at the top of that list no doubt. Congrats on 30,000 posts. I don't think I'll reach that in a lifetime, lol!

Waylan

zogger

zogger

Tree Freak
Good for you man

You can easily tell why you have persisted and are such a good builder. You are one of the guys who sweats the details. That separates a good wrench from a parts changer. 99% of the mechanics out there, even the pros, are parts changers.

Old Crosscut

Old Crosscut

ArboristSite Member
Congratulations!

Brad,
Pretty much ditto everything said in these posts, especially those comments concerning the professional tone/example you’ve set (for us to follow). You’ve certainly raised the standards. Also, and because of the timely and useful information I’ve gained, I try to read all your posts.
I’m fairly new to this forum. However, I’ve been here long enough to have suffered through your CSI certification; an agonizing time, for sure. What an amazing riding-into-the-sunset ending, though, eh!
I’m 73 now, and I’ve still got the first (real) saw I ever bought, a shiny new 041 Farm Boss. Like me, it’s not so shiny anymore. Fascinating, that a number of years ago I ran into the same problem with the oil pump (described in your first entry to this forum). After nearly burning up a chain and bar, I realized I’d lost the drive pin during a previous cleanup. I just ground off a drill bit shank that happened to be the right diameter, and it’s still driving the oil pump to this day!
Aw, here I go again--just like all us old folks, way too long-winded. So, Brad, congratulations, and thanks for your great contributions to this forum. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and yours!

Danno

Danno

ArboristSite Operative
Just amazing! I checked your profile. That's over 16 posts per day on average. That's insane.

In 5 years I'll still use this 028 and probably have 300 posts. I might own ten saws by then, but they won't be anything as nice as ANY of yours.

blsnelling
That mall is just perfect.
There's a reason it was shown first!

Someone needs a hobby :hmm3grin2orange:
This is my hobby. That's why I refuse to take any more work than I do.

Retirement????????
You won't be so lucky:)

That's it. I can't believe you found it!

Thanks for all the kind words guys. The privilege is mine.

Last edited: