$30 Mac 1010

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

murf

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Found this thing yesterday on CL, and went a picked it up this morning. It's no Jewel by any means. It's been used, but not abused. From what I can see of the innards there's no damage. But that's just what very little I can see thru the plug hole.
The guy said "It used to run" (No kidding!) But he had no idea what was wrong with it. He told me maybe the sparker needed changed! :dizzy:

Got it home, and in less than 5 minutes my eardrums were splitting from the HORRENDOUSLY LOUD "muffler"!

I'm obviously not too wild about the custom pinstripe!
mac10101.jpg

mac10102.jpg

mac10104.jpg

She don't cut so good!!:dizzy:
mac1010bakwerds.jpg

Anyone know about these righthand start Mac's?? Good, Bad??

Thanks

Murf

LOL did you really get that with the chain on backwards?

I have one on the way myself, just cause I thought rh start would be a neat thing to have. CAD strikes again lol

:clap: for the new saw

Bill

The guy said "It used to run" (No kidding!) But he had no idea what was wrong with it. He told me maybe the sparker needed changed! :dizzy:

You must have changed that there sparker......

:clap:

Nice old Mac there....

Honest Injun, The chain was on there backwards when I bought it from the guy!! But it is a real good........CRAP! I didn't even look to see what brand it is! I do know it's practically new 3/8" chain. Probably never been sharpened. I do know the bar is Oregon, so more than likely.....

And the 'Sparker' is the one that came with it surprisingly! I just took a bronze brush to it and knocked off some of the carbon, rechecked spark, reset the carb, and pulled on it. Got a hit, let the choke go, and Whammo! There she went!

I'm happy!

Murf

Musta confused him ,the starter being on the right, thats why the chains on arse first.
Everybody talks about all these Macs, now I really want one.

doesn't it run the opposite direction with rh start?? maybe thats why the chain is on backwards??? also, its probably why teh chain looks new...
by the way, nice old saw!!!! some carb cleaner or brake fluid will probably get teh paint off teh black plastic cover,,, i'd try rubbing compound on the yellow painted surfaces...
good luck with it...

HAHAAA!! I wondered the same thing about the RH start thing Bill! :confused:

Would the brake cleaner be a bad idea on the yellow bits??

Thanks!

Murf

i've also used straight spic & span, start out with a rag, then a scotchbrite pad... i guess it depends what the spray paint is made from...you may be able to just rub it off with some kind of polish, tooth paste????

Back