3120XP Gone WILD

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well im not takeing up FOR NO ONE HERE by saying this that carb is no secrect yeah picture's where up for a while but hell all of yall that want a carb with high a low screws just contact a kart shop and get you a wg-3 for a kt 100 then use just the main carb body and change the other components like throttle shafts ect. so did brad show any secrets i dont think so hell for 25.00 dollars yall all know yall self that it cant be much to it for that price later troy

Hey all, a question about the 3210...anyone have the part number for the muffler heat shield? Didn't see one on Bailey's website, or, come to think of it, in the service manual breakout...did it come with one originally?

Also, I emailed Bertrand, and should be shipping my carb off soon for some work. Glad to hear that those who have are happy with the results.

Should have the saw cleaned, and the new stuff it needs in place, in a couple weeks. Will post some pics, and maybe a video.

Steve

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to mention them or not. However, this is a great resource for guys looking for an adjustable carb that's otherwise not available. I sent it to Bertrand Hotsaws in CA. I think they do work for the Stihl Timbersport guys. From what I've been told, they're top notch. I'm not on the racing scene, so I'm only going by reference. They only charged $25 + return shipping.

This is probably the important thing that Brad did here, free advertising for Simon, assuming that Simon wants the work.

Even if there was a 100% detailed procedure on how to do it I doubt you would lose much business.

Indeed. If somebody who's already done the measurements and set up a jig will do the job for $25, why would anybody mess with trying to duplicate his work, unless he's competing against Simon at the races and Simon won't make one for him?

I've been reading this thread and from what I can gather what has happened is a code of honor has been violated. I don't get into race saws and such but I do know there is a code among all the guys that their work is theirs.

I think in this thread, the work/play saw world clashed with the race saw world. When you go to a race, you treasure and guard every advantage over the other guy. When you go to a GTG or work in the woods, it doesn't matter.

Not just everybody can mod a fixed high carb to have a tuning screw. I'm sure if the people that COULD mod it, probably would have already.

That would be my guess on this particular trick, assuming it's just a matter of making the original jet adjustable. (if Simon relocated the jet, that would be more of a trade secret) It's probably rather obvious what needs to be done, and the real trick would be to precisely locate the threads for the needle, which would probably cost you one carb body and some time to find out where to bore it.

It's not like he posted full detail of how to.
Could be like telling people that hire me for big tight removals that they can't watch me rig their tree down.

On the other hand, I have had other tree services call me to do work for them because they did not know how to do it.
Should I not?

I'm sorry to intrude...
but it was never made clear if it was worth it maybe being known as "the guy that really knew what he was doing" or "other guy"(that lost big money)

Got the carb back from Simon, and with the WG3 high speed screw it looks almost stock...the new screw has a smaller head end than the stock screws, but otherwise it looks like it always belonged there. The great thing is that with no more than a little filing with an old chain file the filter plate fits right on...no cutting, welding, JB weld...just need to open the access holes on the cover and get it together and fired up.

Back