.325 narrow kerf

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What choices are there? Oregon/Husqvarna with bumper drive links, oil distributing holes and nice sled like tie straps to slide along the bar or Carlton/Woodland pro without the bumper drive links but worse on the other two items. Just from memory could contain errors. Do what you want but wouldn't you be sorry if the new Husqvarna chain factory brought a new product to market and you had 90+ feet.

There are two main issues with .325NK:

- the fact that there are no chisel option

- the very limited number of options, even in semi-chisel.

Never found a NK chain that really impressed me, but I do like running 20-series Oregon chain on a NK bar.

Yes, but that doesn't work on all saw models, and the main point of an NK bar is lost (the kerf no longer is narrow). The remaining gain is that the bar is lighter - when that is a gain.

Anyway . . . I like my NK chain - and semi-chisel, reduced kickback is my preference. Have used mostly the Oregon 95VP/Husqvarna H30 chain.

Cheapest price appears to be $250/100' roll, if you buy 3 at a time Carlton/WoodlandPRO.

I have gotten some really good deals ($4 - $6 each, with shipping) for once-used loops off of eBay, since it is not as common a size.

Can also buy 20 inch loops (G78) for $16 at that place where 'You Save BIG Money!'. Even less when on sale, or 11% rebate. (18 inch loops are $22 there for some reason?).

Philbert

Also see: http://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/new-oregon-chain-labeling.285694/#post-5530937

I ran a loop of 95vp yesterday, smoothest chain I've ever run plus it cuts good. Around the mill I use a couple of CS400 saws with the 3/8 lp chains, really like that chain, cuts great and stays sharp a long time. Steve

The newest stuff is 95vpx now. New x grind maybe blued cutters as well. It is the only chain I have used that gets stuck without the bar getting pinched. New out of the box so to speak. Something is strange with the way the cutters take bites as they can just gulp to much. Cutting standing dead or standing with the living only a portion alive. I can see it has a place in the Oregon and Carlton choices however the Stihl 3/8 lp kind of fits between 91 and 95 class Oregon in chassis strength. The laminated bars seem to be made of the same stock as the 3/8lp.

Latest posts

Back