346XP needs replaced....it's at 90 PSI, what saw is comparable today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep and that is awesome and I certainly could figure it out alone...but why would I do that when someone can show me and point to things and say look here and do you hear that? YouTube and Forums are nice but a real person is priceless.
Glad you guys are able to make this happen, Dan's a great guy 👍.
Personally I'd do a base gasket delete and a muffler mod. The base gasket in your pictures showed that the gasket was covering the ports a bit, I would at least trim any excess of to increase flow, but deleting it altogether will gain you a nice bump in compression/ timing/ and power, and a muffler mod will add a bit more.
I think you'll be very pleased at the route you decided to go. Looking forward to hearing how it all goes.

Glad you guys are able to make this happen, Dan's a great guy 👍.
Personally I'd do a base gasket delete and a muffler mod. The base gasket in your pictures showed that the gasket was covering the ports a bit, I would at least trim any excess of to increase flow, but deleting it altogether will gain you a nice bump in compression/ timing/ and power, and a muffler mod will add a bit more.
I think you'll be very pleased at the route you decided to go. Looking forward to hearing how it all goes.
I'll ask Dan about that...the muffler mod as well.

A lot.
It's a great firewood saw, but as a buddy of mine used to always say, there have been 50cc saws that weight the same and have the same power output on the market for a long time. I do like some of the modern features on them though. I just prefer the mk1 because I'm not a one saw sort of guy. I don't recommend AT/MT saws to guys for firewood.

Hello, sir, why did you say the above? Why firewood cutters? I'm sure you have a good answer, I'd like to know!

Hello, sir, why did you say the above? Why firewood cutters? I'm sure you have a good answer, I'd like to know!
Because most firewooders are trying to save money and they only cut a few cord a yr, the upfront cost of the MT/At saws is high in comparison to the standard carb saws. In a production environment or on the job that cost is diminished by the benefits quickly, not so if you're just cutting firewood.

How does this perception of 'more torgue' manifest itself?

I've never ran a 550, I think it's one of the best looking saws there is, not that this is a beauty contest, just a comment, lol.

By squeezing the trigger with the bar in the wood and pulling up on the handle.

A lot.
It's a great firewood saw, but as a buddy of mine used to always say, there have been 50cc saws that weight the same and have the same power output on the market for a long time. I do like some of the modern features on them though. I just prefer the mk1 because I'm not a one saw sort of guy. I don't recommend AT/MT saws to guys for firewood.

I think auto carbs are a godsend for anyone using a chainsaw that has no clue what tuning it even means.

Latest posts

Back