346XP needs replaced....it's at 90 PSI, what saw is comparable today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's funny and true.
If you have not yet I highly suggest searching out the beg for manuals thread and request the repair and parts manuals. Then I highly suggest you AND your son read the sections your going to need to use or even better print them out to use as you go. Nervousness is good, it keeps your repairs higher quality.

I use my 346XP for felling, limbing, bucking and climbing....I am sure some of you will get all geeked out by that but the reallity is we all do the best we can with what we have and can afford. For those of you that think one saw isn't enough I get that, but why do you need 8 saws, or 12?
Phew...I guess I'm not in that group of 8-12 saws so I'm fine. Luckily, I have 14 saws and counting!

If you have not yet I highly suggest searching out the beg for manuals thread and request the repair and parts manuals. Then I highly suggest you AND your son read the sections your going to need to use or even better print them out to use as you go. Nervousness is good, it keeps your repairs higher quality.
I have one...just can't read too gooder.

Well, if you are cutting trees, say, 16" to 32" on a routine basis, that saw has done amazing. I have a ported 346, it'll gitit.
It's been great to me and I try to go slow and not get in a hurry. I bought the saw with an 18" bar but later put a 16" on it and it feels more balanced and powerful. I'm a pretty small dude and wanted a light, nimble saw that would get it done and not tire me out too quickly. I would love a bigger saw that would pull a 20" chain like my 346XP pulls a 16" but not in the budget right now....ok it's in the buget, but budgets rarely get funded except in my head.

I use my 346XP for felling, limbing, bucking and climbing....I am sure some of you will get all geeked out by that but the reallity is we all do the best we can with what we have and can afford. For those of you that think one saw isn't enough I get that, but why do you need 8 saws, or 12? I figure you can spare one, so PM me and I'll give my address and Venmo you the shipping, that way I'll have 2 good saws. But serious;y, the prepper in me is aware that one is none, two is one and three is a guarantee. Since I try to have all wood cut and ready well befre it is needed that gives me time if something goes wrong.

Thanks to all who have waded in to this thread...11 pages worth!
A man needs 8 or 12 or more saws because men need to collect things. Some collect beer bottles that they emptied, some collect women, some collect heads of animals, and hang them on the wall. some collect cars.
I used to collect old fishing reels, and the one woman that I collected always complained about me collecting them.
So I started collecting new Husqvarna XP chainsaws, lots of em. She told me I should go back to collecting fishing reels.
Back to the original question about a 346, of all the saws I have, I use a ported 346 and a ported 353 more than anything else I own. If you cut mostly wood 24" or less in diameter, and have only one saw, your 346 is the right one.

I use my 346XP for felling, limbing, bucking and climbing....I am sure some of you will get all geeked out by that but the reallity is we all do the best we can with what we have and can afford. For those of you that think one saw isn't enough I get that, but why do you need 8 saws, or 12? I figure you can spare one, so PM me and I'll give my address and Venmo you the shipping, that way I'll have 2 good saws. But serious;y, the prepper in me is aware that one is none, two is one and three is a guarantee. Since I try to have all wood cut and ready well befre it is needed that gives me time if something goes wrong.

Thanks to all who have waded in to this thread...11 pages worth!
Who here only has 12....?

A man needs 8 or 12 or more saws because men need to collect things. Some collect beer bottles that they emptied, some collect women, some collect heads of animals, and hang them on the wall. some collect cars.
I used to collect old fishing reels, and the one woman that I collected always complained about me collecting them.
So I started collecting new Husqvarna XP chainsaws, lots of em. She told me I should go back to collecting fishing reels.
Back to the original question about a 346, of all the saws I have, I use a ported 346 and a ported 353 more than anything else I own. If you cut mostly wood 24" or less in diameter, and have only one saw, your 346 is the right one.
I never got in to collecting anything for various reasons, but I do try top have 3 of whatever I need. For example 3 generators, 3 different heat sources for my home....

Back