346xp or 357xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blue dog

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I just bought a 576xp which is probley a little bigger than I needed but wanted something with power. Im thinking about buying a 346xp or 357xp which one would be a good comanation with the 576xp

the 346xp looks like a pertty powerful little saw

YouTube - Stihl MS260 Pro and Husky 346xp.

I'd go 346 if I had a 576 already. would give you a better spread IMO. I have only ran a 357 once and it was a good cutting saw, but I like a 346 just as good.

No question about it, get the 346xp.

I have both and really like them both, but you will use the 346xp more than the 357xp and maybe even more than your big saw.;)

I agree with what they all said. I might even look for a good muffler modded, unlimited coil, used saw. Then the 576 would only come out for the 14-16" and larger stuff. They are a terrific, explosive, snotty, small saw that doesn't know how many cc's it packs under the hood.

Get the 346XP, it is truly a very well designed saw and lots of fun to run. I have a 346XP and also 372XPW because I wanted the the bigger saw, but for most of my cutting, the 346XP really would be all thats needed to get the job done.

Get the 346XP, it is truly a very well designed saw and lots of fun to run. I have a 346XP and also 372XPW because I wanted the the bigger saw, but for most of my cutting, the 346XP really would be all thats needed to get the job done.

Man, you have the best 1 2 puch i can think of....(346+372xpw)

I agree with what they all said. I might even look for a good muffler modded, unlimited coil, used saw. Then the 576 would only come out for the 14-16" and larger stuff. They are a terrific, explosive, snotty, small saw that doesn't know how many cc's it packs under the hood.
Murph, I totally agree, but my old 346xp loves 14-16" stuff. I pull the big saw when the wood is over 18-20":D

As a side note; I believe I can honestly say, my old 346xp is faster than my 357xp in 8-10" wood.:D

Man, you have the best 1 2 puch i can think of....(346+372xpw)

is there much difference between 372xp and 576xp with 20" bar do you think the 576 is to much saw for cutting firewood? I havn't used the 576 yet maybe I should take it back and get a 372 I weighed the 576 it weighs 19.8 lbs w/ b&C

Last edited:
Whoa 576 for 16'" wood?? I say 346 in 24 and under Its a grunty little saw. 50cc saws are awesome specialty the 346

And if it were a poll thread....

dare I say it might be unanimous.

That word 'unanimous' looks funny when I type it out, but regardless. I'm going with the 346-- it complements what you all ready have.

Mine's not ported, still running rich, and barely broken in, yet it puts a smile on my face every time I go to cut anything under 16"

to clarify, editing to add over 16' I'm grabbing the 272, if I didn't have that I do believe the lowly 50cc'r munch along quite nicely

Last edited:
Gotta grab a 346. There really is nothing else.

only problem is that your 576 will sit unused quite a bit.

It can be hard to admit when the 346 ain't got enough for what's getting cut, and put it down. The little boogers are that kind of fun.

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

I have them both and love them both. The 346 is a great saw but the 357 is just plain balls, speed and power. The 346 is my go to saw when wrecking and take downs but the 357 is my mean firewood saw that just eats and eats like no other saw I have ever run. The difference between the two is weight more or less IMO they are both fast and powerful but the 346 is lighter = more production. If you have a 70cc a 346 would be a good compliment.

is there much difference between 372xp and 576xp with 20" bar do you think the 576 is to much saw for cutting firewood? I havn't used the 576 yet maybe I should take it back and get a 372 I weighed the 576 it weighs 19.8 lbs w/ b&C

You want too go lighter swap the 576 for the 372 and pick up the 346XP. Unless you want a MS261. Both of these 50cc are great running saws.

I do really like my 357xp, it shines in wood over 16-18". It's just like a slightly larger version of the 346xp. :)

:agree2: I used to have a 357xp and it is very similar to the 346xp - great acceleration, good handling and air filtration and more power. Ultimately the 346xp wins out because it is lighter and more nimble than the 357. I would keep the 576xp. The 372xp is a pound lighter, but the 576 is reported to have more power and a broader power band. I have not heard any negative reviews about them. Add the 346 and you will be hard pressed to find a better combo!

Tim

Latest posts

Back