So thinking about a new saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think most of you forget that the homeowner who cuts a couple limbs per year outnumber serious saw users by over 1000:1. Stihl can sell a lot more battery homeowner saws than they can pro gas saws.

Politics I'm sure plays some roll, but I suspect they're really just going after the bigger market.
That's an excellent point. I had an old[er] friend ask me about chainsaws Monday night, but battery powered ones. He used to be an arborist years back and now just wants a saw for work around the house.

1709135574771.png

I just got a new ms261 (dealer cost luck), I love it so far it’s my first mtronic saw!!!
Congratulations, those are really nice saws, I've almost bought one 3x myself. (don't need one, but they're that nice of a saw)

I hear they're even better when ported, for their size they have "a lot more power than stock," though realize they won't suddenly be a MS462, and will be loud. There was a new ported one by Kevin (@huskihl) I wished I'd grabbed, though again don't need it.

Congratulations, those are really nice saws, I've almost bought one 3x myself. (don't need one, but they're that nice of a saw)

I hear they're even better when ported, for their size they have "a lot more power than stock," though realize they won't suddenly be a MS462, and will be loud. There was a new ported one by Kevin (@huskihl) I wished I'd grabbed, though again don't need it.
You only live once go buy one tomorrow lol…
I have never paid another man to port a saw for me…I have done some myself (no pro here), and have a ms362 right now that I must have done right it runs great….and the stock ms362 (standard carb) I wasn’t to impressed with….i was goin to sell the 362 but hell may as well keep her around awhile, lol…

Latest posts

Back