355t question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

James Miller

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I picked up a 355t yesterday and put the first tank through it today. I pulled the filter cover and noticed this piece of plastic over the carb.20180224_190418.jpgif you remove it it gives a strait shot into the carb.20180224_190439.jpgMy question is does it serve a purpose other then being an obvious restriction? I put it back for now as I don' plan to mod it till it's broken in completely.

Does it look like it might work with the air filter to keep sawdust out of the carb? I might have to take mine apart too and check that out. I've used it and loved it for a year and a half now and haven't even taken the carb off yet.

The parts list doesn't show it as a separate part. Enjoy the saw; I used mine to trim a Crepe Myrtle today. I like it better each time I use it.
I like it a lot. I ran an 011avt for a long time and missed having a small compact saw.20180224_195514.jpg

Attachments

• 20180224_195514.jpg
    20180224_195514.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 13
Interesting....zi will have to check mine. Does it function to hold the back cover on at all?? Looks like if it does it could still be left in place and modified for more air.

GOOD EYE spotting that. Never had that off mine to see it!!!

mines the same i been dicking with the lil 2511t so much i did not notice it how i have no idea..that makes no sense at all...of course if it was like that on the 2511 it would keep all the crap out LMAO...how the hell is it even pulling air????

Maybe an echo dealer will chime in....it has to be pulling air in some place im going to get a flash light and my glasses and go look closer.....my wife is like really? its dark you spend and more time with your saws ya should buy it a ring....

It pulls air through the top it has an opening in the cover plate ... but i dont see why you could not take it out or order a plate and cut it across the top and double how much air flow you could get...i think you need some sort of pressure there....mine runs pretty day good as is i have to say....i wont mod it unless i can buy that lil cover plate in case it makes it run so lean you cant adjust it or pulls crap in ... seems like the filter would still do its job with the rubber lip around the outside of the filter.....

mine runs good enough im leaving it for now ...im more concerned about how dirty the lil 2511t gets... it pulls way to much stuff into the inside of the filter....they should have put some sort of rubber gasket on it where it locks onto the carb....the cs 355t at least stays clean...so far.....

View attachment 635488 I don' think it effects the filter at all. @MillerModSaws played with one of these at some point. I remember reading his thread. Maybe he can chime in.
Sorry justvseen this. Mod this guys. I just opened mine up sonit would at least flow as much as the Venturi in the carb. It helps the little guy out quite nicely.

Without having the airbox in hand its hard to tell from the 2D pics, however I guess it may be there to prevent the filter being sucked onto the intake manifold. Maybe it holds the filter back to help flow. Just a guess.

Latest posts

Back