357 or 026

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hotsaw...start with www.macdizzy.com ...that is a warehouse of information....building saws (or engines) will slowly consume your life and pretty soon you will be 80 without knowing it...but loving it...you will find chainsaw motors on your kitchen table at dinnertime..When washing your dishes you will find cylinders...you will go to crawl into bed and forget that you left your last hotsaw under the blankets cause you thought it had a cold...these are all normal...dont worry...

Roger Dodger..I am working on Whistler...call me and remind me...about dates...lol..I forgot to write them down...end of April??? [email protected] have too much to do...
I found a pair of chainsaws today that cut into my "Lefty Fund"...grr..

cant help but throw one more out of one my two favorite girls...:D

Dirty Dennis,

ouch!!!

6-7 hours?? how can that be? Aren't the roads open in winter? Isnt it under 500 km via 'loops, Cache Creek, Lilloet and Pemberton?

or is that time on your mountain bike with a snowboard for a sail?

Geesh, guess you're just afraid to eat an old man's roostertail....:angry: :blob2:

April 19-21! fri-sun, both mt's open. got skis, skins or snowshoes? for some BC?

Waiting up to bid on another ebay cman/651, for a buddy, for whom i just looked at a clearing job. I'll sub for $600 a day, no haul, no problem. Spectacular lot on whidby island above bluff overlooking all of Puget sound and seattle. 3-4 foot maples, old cedar, pacific silver fir, hemlock. Didn't look like any unique wood in the maple, but I'm just learning about figured maple, so i'm hoping.

Rog...I would go to Van and meet you there n five hours...lol...if I go .."Little Fort...100 mile...Lillooet...to the hill" its still ???? near 6-7 hours..have you ever been over that goat trail in the winter?

I have a Rod and Gun club meeting scheduled the 21st...for the Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation...we are putting up a proposal for a large burn in our local park and we need their support for animal habitat enhancement...so that weekend is out...We need their loot...

Plus my weekends are almost booked solid Rog...with races and trying to get saws done..my summer is almost booked..although...Sept long..is looking good for a golfing tour in the motorhome...you in for that????

Sedanman's and treeclimber partially answered your question on the differences between the 3/8 and .325 chain, and the anwers they gave you were good just not complete. Now I'm sure someone here can probably add to what I post and if they can then good. To determine the pitch of a chain you measure across three rivets and divide by two. To make it simple say you have a 1/2 pitch chain. The distance across three rivets would be 1 inch diveded by 2 would give you 1/2. 3/8 would be 3/4 divided by2 , and .325 would be .650 divided by 2, ect. The .325 chain will also have more drive links which will make it travel around the bar faster, since most saws in these sizes run the same number of teeth on the sproket. The .325 will also have more cutters per inch of chain. The average 16 in. 3/8 chain will have 60 drive links with 30 cutters, half the drive link count. The average 16 in .325 chain will have 66 drive links and 33 cutters. The next reason .325 will cut faster is the width of the cut called the kurf. The .325 will remove less wood in width not in depth. The determining factor in the amount of fiber a chain cuts is determined by the depth gauges, or rakers as most people call them. The diffference in the hight between the cutters and the hight of the depth gauges determines the amount of fiber the cutter removes. Since both chains depth gauges are set a .025 the depth of cut could be the same. Since the .325 chain cuts a norrower kurf, it cut a narrow chip than the 3/8 but is just as thick. This is also the reason the .325 chain will pull easier. Hope this helps and made it clears as mud. Later Butch

Latest posts

Back